Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       10-20-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Just wondering what all think. do you like old school dashes or the new modern dashes
OLD SCHOOL
Upload

NEW SCHOOL

Upload
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-20-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
old
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-20-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
For looking cool and being nice for the first couple of years I like the new style but for longevity, ease of replacement, cost of replacement give me an old school gauge any day of the week.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-20-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
I would have to see how well the LCD holds up and could be viewed in the bright sun before I can jump on the new school. Also would have to see how much is displayed without having to toggle through screens. It would annoy me if I had to toggle through the display to see the temp for example.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
^ the mc one you can see really well,

and they have it so you can pick 4 or 6 things from a large list that are always up on display
E.i: temp/oil press/depth/rpm/speed/ballast
or
depth/water temp/ air temp/ ballast/ mph/ oil

its pretty slick
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
I like to keep it real, old school style. Mostly cause I am poor.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-20-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Old School, analog. It's the quickest way to see the relevant state of everything or notice a significant change.
Oh, I like analog watches too.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-20-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
^ WOOT WOOT!
Old    Slingshot            10-20-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
I like gauges and toggle switches. Easy to fix or replace. Not that I'm old fashion and hate change, but these computer display systems arn't like a Garmin system where if it fails in 10 years, you can just get another one and bolt it on to your dash. These in dash computers are not going to be the same as the ones they are going to produce in 10 years from now. Good luck replacing that system when its not the latest and greatest and its out of warranty. Anyone remember the Malibu Computron system? Old technology now, but it was the coolest thing ever in its day. You can't get any parts for it now.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-20-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Old school. I'm not a fan of Malibu's new MUX switches either.
And not really into the funky new retro gauges like MC put in the X series either.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Old school. Its a boat, keep it simple.