Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-10-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
Thought I would share a e-mail I got.

LEGAL VS. ILLEGAL

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California .

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and he still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school.
Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Do you get it, now?

If you vote for or support any politician who supports illegal aliens...You are part of the problem!

It's way PAST time to take a stand for America and Americans!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-10-2010, 12:29 PM Reply   
Oh I get it.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-10-2010, 11:29 PM Reply   
I saw Jose the other day!!!!!

Even better.......I saw Jesus!!!!!!!!

They were both on their way back to Mexico due to the economic climate.

But they both said they would be SURE to return before any "amnesty program" is passed.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-11-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
You should add that Joe Legal's boss, due to the economy can't afford to keep Joe Legal. Lays him off and then hires the cheaper Joe Illegal.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-11-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
Apparently Joe Legal has some crappy benefits if he's paying $600 a month for medical and dental insurance. I pay $180 per month for a family of 4. Apparently we have better benefits in Texas?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-11-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Joe Legal better have a nicer home, paying more than twice as much for rent. Jose Illegal has next to zero job security. If or when Jose loses his job, how easy is it to get another one with no citizenship? And then Jose has $0.00.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-11-2010, 1:16 PM Reply   
Joe legal will be laid off first because Jose Illegal only costs his employer the $15/hr. Joe Legal also costs more to the employer in all the payroll taxes. This is a real and huge problem. In the construction trades I've seen it first hand. Jose and his brothers used to just clean up the job site, then they started framing, then they moved into the other trades associated with the build. If you are an honest builder trying to use Joe Legal then you are at a disadvantage on cost when bidding work. At the end of the day we as people using contractors need to police the problem by making sure the contractors are using Joe Legal. Thats hard because most people want something for nothing. Hey, everyone has to work but it should under the same rules. We all talk about it but it really does effect all of us. We pay higher taxes to offset the money we save upfront on hiring Jose Illegal.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboy View Post
We pay higher taxes to offset the money we save upfront on hiring Jose Illegal.
yup
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-11-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
And that is why Joe cant find a job in construction in any boarder state . This problem has moved into every state and all trades. This is your government at work.

Remember in November!!!! VOTE THE INCOMBENTS OUT.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-11-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
Supporting illegals for schools, welfare, health, and the like, is just one of the reasons I am tired of our social programs. As far as I am concerned, if someone receives public support for more that 2 years, they are not allowed ot waste money on gambling, cell phones, alchohol, tobacco, or anything more than a necessity.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-11-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
California is proof that illegals have some effect on the economy, and a negative one. Being one of the worlds leading economies, and having things like silicon valley, and California's economy is an absolute mess. Sure there are other contributors to California's economy being not so great, but the large amount of illegals make me think that they are a source of the main problem.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
ADD TO IT!!! I work as an assistant manger in a body shop. Jose makes $20 as a damn good tech. Joe makes $30 as just a good as tech. We fire Jose, for having "the just as good as the white guy" attitude. We hire Joe at $25, because he needs the work.

Joe can write his own estimates, clearly articulates the parts he needs, rarely needs a supplement with insurance (heck he can actually talk to the adjuster when he does), and more importantly allows me to focus on production lists and other things to make things run smoothly.

Jose drove my production down for three months. We kept him because he was cheap. Now that moved on to Joe, things are smooth. The other Jose's in the shop hate the guy, bad mouth him and tell me how slow he is doing his work. The bottom line, the work I assign him gets done, high end, and the paperwork is easy for me. Bottom line, in this economy will put people in check.

That same Jose as already crawling back for a job, at a huge discount. I fought to push the guy away, but we hired him back at another of our shops(they didn't take him here, as they knew I would quit).
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
If I have a point, Latino labor is great when you need people. But the California economy was built on cheap labor. When the economy falls, so does the cost of cheap labor. When the economy of cheap labor falls, the economy of regular labor falls. Hence the economy falls. Tailspin?

All I know, I make 50% what I made 15 years ago, 40% what I made 10 years, and 30% of what I made 5 years ago. Not adjusted to inflation. This after doing everything I could in High School, going to CSU and graduating in 4 years, and having a SPOTLESS work history. Now I have had a career ending injury mixed in, but the bottom line is there. I am an educated, skilled worker.

That Jose with no high school education, no college, heck can't read or write to the level anyone here would respect, and can speak enough english to cash a check and pick his kids up for the police station has seen his income increase %100, %100, and %100 over the same period.

Wrong direction, yes. California as a whole ready to anything about no. I live here because i love it. I want to live here. I have never liked the politics. The liberal toilet. Add in that that liberal toilet was so quick to run G. Davis outta office for a republican doucebag who doesn't know **** from a needle in his arm. Davis was the only person in office that gave a damn for the working man, and the working man bounced him for the Terminator and all his big talk
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-11-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
True story here- My father in-law has a rental that he rents to California subsidized renters. It is a nice family of 5. But here is the problem. I went over to fix something and all 3 of the teenage kids had cellphones, TVs and video games in their rooms. And I couldn't believe all the Nike shoes and other brand name stuff around. Its crazy that they can afford all that stuff because we subsidize the rent. When did this become OK in this country. I thought if you couldn't afford to live in a house then you live in an apartment or a place you could afford. Why do I have to pick up the difference for this family to live in Saratoga? There is zero incentive for the father to get a better paying career. The father, again a nice guy, is employed as a cook for a major private Palo Alto University. So this is the kicker- How is it a school that has no money problems and could afford to pay him a real living wage gets him for cheap. Oh, thats because all of us SUCKER tax payers pick up the slack. The renter never gets a raise, nor does he want one because if he made any more money he wouldn't qualify for the housing subsidy. So both the employer and the employee make out at mine and your expense. A side note, as a landlord, my father in-law likes them because they don't complain and they are obviously long term renters as the program takes so long to get into. It drives me crazy! I have worked hard for everything I have and had nothing given to me.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-11-2010, 8:53 PM Reply   
How do I get a subsidized housing allowance from the gov? Maybe if I had that I could actually afford my own boat!
Old    deltahoosier            04-12-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
Davis was going down to mexico and doing talks about how he could not wait for California and Mexico to be one big region again (I heard the speech). He helped destroy the working man with his outlook on illegal immigration. Not saying Arnold is really any better (nothing will happen until the legislature is overturned anyway). Davis was just fine with illegal cheap labor and openly trying to destroy the border.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
I say we put a Heavy TAX on Straw Hats, Long Sleave Car wash Tshirts , Navy blue Dickies , Payless workboots and Alberto's taco shops. We will get our money back one way or the other
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-13-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
Unfortunately, when liberals are voted intp office, this is the result.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       04-14-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Vote from the rooftops!

*inserts pic of high powered rifle*