Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (wmk)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-28-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
Just out of curiosity how long are you usually off the water when you take your boat in for any kind of service? I'm now looking at my third weekend in a row of not being on the water with only meager hopes of getting my boat back at some point next week.

All of this because of a bad sensor in the engine which should be a very easy fix, but they have yet to have time to hook it up to the diagnostics to figure out which sensor needs replacing so it can be ordered.

I'm trying to believe and understand that it is just the time of year when new boats need prep work and everyone wants to get things fixed, but damn its frustrating.

The centurion dealer here shut his doors a while back and i'm wondering if since i'm having to take it to other dealers if i'm getting shoved to the back of the line. If this is going to be the case i'd just assume dump the centurion altogether and upgrade to something that will actually provide me with some reasonable service.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-28-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I think it may just be that time of year when the dealer is backed up with getting everyone back on the water, but then again I've been wrong before.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-28-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
you probably are being shoved aside. that dealer want to get his customers that sent 50k plus with him out on the water and make them happy before he makes them unhappy. i know from working on boats with the new diagnostics systems on the tige's that it is very easy to figure out whats going on with the boat. it should of only taken about an hour to find out what sensor was bad and just how ever much longer it takes to order the part. I'm sure if you decided to sell your centurion and upgrade to whatever your servicing dealer is selling you would be treated with the service return time you want.
Old     (wmk)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-28-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
Hopefully its not just being shoved aside, but i wouldn't be too surprised. I can certainly understand a dealer wanting to keep his customers happy so they turn into repeat customers. The only downside of that is that it will keep me from ever being a customer there.

Fortunatley the boat show starts here tomorrow, so it might be time to see what deals are out there and upgrade.
Old     (hersh)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2007, 2:51 PM Reply   
Try Watersports of Central Florida (Orlandoboats.com). They just picked up Centurion. They are in Sanford.
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-28-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Over a month just for 20 hour service, and a minor punch list, Lots of people beat me to the shop I guess?
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-28-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
How about trying a non-dealer source? They should be fine for 90% if not more of the repairs.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-28-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
Any mercruiser certified dealer can perform the warrenty work on the Centurion. They may still service "their" customers first.