Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-24-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Where is it? Boats in the garage, tower is down and lighting could be better. I've never changed it and I have a diagram, but I must be out of it today. Bought a new one and wanted to make sure the one installed is good.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
Look on the crank pully and forward of the muffler/accumalator. It will be there supported by a bracket with two water hoses going in on the starboard side. I tried to replace it this spring with it in the boat, there wasn't much room. It was much easier to just take the whole assembly off and put it in a vice. Might want to put some lube on the new one to get it in.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-25-2007, 6:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. A buddy of mine just told me the same thing. Guess I missed it last night. How many hours did you have on your boat? Was it worn at all. Nice looking boat. Too bad your selling it.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-25-2007, 7:47 AM Reply   
Thanks, we love it. We're not trying hard to sell it now, but it will be up again this year to free up some cash for other projects this winter. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Had about 150 hrs at the time, and no it didn't look worn. I like to put one in at the beginning of the season. Just had marks from the vise grips I used to pull it out.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-25-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Randy-

I replaced mine about three months ago and found it was much easier to remove the black trim piece off the rear of the engine compartment. It is held in with four screws and will give you some extra space to work, ie fit a full size screwdriver behind the cover plate on the impeller.

Let me know if you need some pics...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-25-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out tonight.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
Hey Doug,
We are about to do ours. If you could post your pics that would be great. TIA
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
GHatfield, it's really easy to find. Mine was at the very front of the motor almost dead center(which would be at the transom since it's installed backwards). Very easy to pop open the cover and inspect.
Old     (ridealready)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-08-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Isnt that the water pump that is mounted on the pully?
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
You may be right, I was enjoying some beverages at the time. I'll check and let you know. If that was the water pump, the internal impeller was the same size as the one the Skidim sent me and the gasket matched the cover exactly.
Old     (suprasteve)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-09-2007, 7:26 AM Reply   
As probably already mentioned, the impeller is the furtherest part of the engine facing the back of the boat. It's sit's on the end right in the middle.

I found the hardest part was just getting the impeller out. You'll def. need some plyers to pull it out and then putting it back in can be a challenge a lil bit b/c the impeller housing it's perfectly round. So you kinda have to bend over/push over some of the arm of the impeller to push/wedge it back in there. You'll see what i mean when you get started on all this. Good Luck!!!
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-09-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
Thanks for confirming Steve, I didn't think I was that brain dead.