Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-28-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
I've been wakeboarding for 5 yrs and maybe wakeskated once or twice during that time. I finally found a good deal on a cheap skate and wanted to put some time in to learning how to ride. What are some things in wakeboarding that don't translate to wakeskating, like edging, weight distribution, etc?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
well, the board not attached to your feet. obviously lol. thats the main difference. less surface area so you dig in farther.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2010, 2:47 PM Reply   
are you looking to do skate tricks or wake to wake tricks?
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-28-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
Mitch I want to start with skate tricks. Trying to figure out the ollie
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-28-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
a lot of wakeboarders try to wakeskate like they are wakeboarding. get your back foot all the way on the tail and put your front foot 3/4 up the board. for an ollie: cut outside the wake, let go with your back hand, flatten off the board so you are not on edge, and then jump off your back foot and make sure you get your feet up. the board will come up as high as you bring your feet. if you pick your feet up only 6 inches than the board will only come up 6 inches
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-29-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Ok thats exactly what I'm looking for. Went out this morning and tried, definitely had been trying to ollie it like a wakeboard. Couldnt get it off the water though, harder than it sounds.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
did yoiu try what i said? it should be easier than it sounds.

practice by jumping off the ground with just your back foot. that should be the same feeling. like i said, the board will come up as high as your feet go. just jump off your back foot and suck your feet up.

Last edited by wakemitch; 05-29-2010 at 7:25 PM.
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-02-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
yeah, mitch is laying it out nicely. Key word "suck your feet up" same goes when jumping the wake.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-03-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Thats good advice, haven't gotten out but hoping to this weekend and will try it out.