Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-27-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
next weekend i hope to demo one of these boards. price is not really an issue, although i could get the player cheaper in a package deal cause i just bought the xenon bindings. i will be trying to land my 360s this weekend, i like a loose feel for surface stuff. i know i should demo both for to determine which one i should get, but i really want to get a board and start rippin with it. my season is short enough as it is without changing boards for 2 or 3 weekends?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Both boards are great. The Player has a wider tip and tail than the cartel, and has a more agressive edge. The Cartel is fast, probably the fastest board I've ever rode, with extremely explosive pop. Really depeneds what you are looking for in a board. Both have a real nice loose feel.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
Pic up the CWB marius. You will love this board. best on the market.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-27-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
Actually I beg to differ, I think that the Player is god gift to wakeboarding, or Chirs Johnson's at O'brien however you look at it.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
I too think the marious sucks ass. I ride a natural and had a cartel before that. It the cartel is looser on the water then the player.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-28-2007, 7:09 AM Reply   
If you can, demo the Natural also. It takes all the good things about the Player and makes them better. It is faster(chevrons on bottom) and more forgiving(beveled edge) then the Player.

jjakober

(Message edited by jjakober on June 28, 2007)
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-28-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
yeah i've heard the natural is pretty sick. if it's between the player and cartel though i'd say player. i ride a player and it's a super solid board. it has huge pop and if you take out the center fin it's pretty loose too. again though, if money isn't an issue you'd probably be happiest with a natural.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-28-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
well, i brought home the cartel this afternoon to try out on the weekend. the guys at the boardshop say its awesome. when i first picked it up a couple days ago it gave me some good vibes... then again it could have just been the excitement cause i bought new bindings that day!
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2007, 3:24 PM Reply   
im going with the cartel. i rode it this past weekend and i love it. its super light, loose, and explosive. i was going higher than before with less effort and i had so much fun doing surface tricks and just messing around. i opted out with the centre fin, yet i still had so much hold going into the wake. i felt like i had a lot of progression this weekend...right up until my 360 attempt that had me seeing pixels of green and yellow. anyways great board, thanks for all input.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-05-2007, 7:08 AM Reply   
Sweet, the Cartel rocks!
Old     (wake_pirate)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2007, 9:08 PM Reply   
I ride the Player 143, w/o the fin, sliders are gravy smooth. Love it. Out of about 4-5 previos boards (Gator HL, LF, CWB, etc) this is the best so far.
I may even buy the newer Player because it rides so well & I'd hate to see it discontinued. I ride w/ Obrien Ions bindings, which have great ankle support.
Old     (allent17)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-06-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
I ride the new 07 Player and it is super sweet on the water. It is actually quite fast on the water and feels perfect which gives me more confidence. I have been riding it with the center fins and it is completely locked in so next time I go out, I'm taking them off and it should be a little loose but with great edging. I really love the board!