Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-06-2017, 7:27 AM Reply   
^^^ hahaha
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-06-2017, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
i tell you one thing for sure, if toyota could figure a way to buy that little cummins and drop it a tundra i'd pay cash for it tomorrow.
me too !!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-06-2017, 9:07 AM Reply   
that would be an awesome combo
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-06-2017, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Owned multiple boats over the years i dont feel the need to write an autobiography on every thing i own and do nobody on here cares what your credentials are except meathead since he wrote a 12 page report on how qualified he is haha. And btw a looks like you have a sanger and tundra a very uhm....... "interesting" combination indeed.
Chill out dude . opinions are like well you know... we all got one .

BTW whats wrong with toyota and Sanger

I agree that some of these boats (23-24-25 footers) would be towed safer behind more truck but its not a necessity to have a 3/4 ton diesel truck . Also just to let you know I work in a truck shop and I see all the emissions issues on the new diesels that are broken down all over my shop and going in for warranty repair .
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-06-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
Then the dude has the nerve to talk crap about Duramax which he obviously knows everything about and then mentions his buddy just got one and its night and day better then the tundra he got rid of . This thread gave me a headache excuse me while I got take a motrin .lol
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-06-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Diesels require less service? Tell that to ford 6.0 and 6.4 owners. Tell that Duramax owners that have had to replace injectors and harnesses. Tell that to ANYONE that has worn out a Turbo.
LOL my 6.0 needs something every 3-4 months and between there shes getting $200 in oil and filters!

But I haven't had any major problems since I've owned it. Studded, deleted, o-ringed heads, coolant filter really help out. You can definitely have catastrophic problems with any diesel but it's the small things that add up over time and over 100K miles.

In the past 6 months I've had to do new batteries, FICM, new alternator and just the other day a new radiator. All of these were replaced before they did more damage than needed.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-06-2017, 12:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzelenik View Post
LOL my 6.0 needs something every 3-4 months and between there shes getting $200 in oil and filters!

But I haven't had any major problems since I've owned it. Studded, deleted, o-ringed heads, coolant filter really help out. You can definitely have catastrophic problems with any diesel but it's the small things that add up over time and over 100K miles.

In the past 6 months I've had to do new batteries, FICM, new alternator and just the other day a new radiator. All of these were replaced before they did more damage than needed.

hahaha! No doubt. They are not cheap to drive. Doing the oil changes myself for my Cummins still costs about 150$.

Last month I had a local shop do oil / filter, front and rear diff, transmission flush / fluid / filter, and the transfer case. The bill was over 900$. Damn truck takes a total of about 9 gallons of synthetic fluids.

At 90K I had to replace all of the ball joints and steering linkage. That was another $2500. The heavy duty trucks are much tougher on steering and suspension components.

Last edited by jarrod; 11-06-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-06-2017, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
hahaha! No doubt. They are not cheap to drive. Doing the oil changes myself for my Cummins still costs about 150$.

Last month I had a local shop do oil / filter, front and rear diff, transmission flush / fluid / filter, and the transfer case. The bill was over 900$. Damn truck takes a total of about 9 gallons of synthetic fluids.

At 90K I had to replace all of the ball joints and steering linkage. That was another $2500. The heavy duty trucks are much tougher on steering and suspension components.
now that we are on the subject you made me remember I had a new thermostat and coolant flush done as well only to replace all the coolant again with the new rad. I pretty much do all my own work so that helps a bit.

I had a coworker the other day ask if changing my own oil made it about $50. Got a good laugh out of that one. Owning a diesel is like college football... You gotta pay to play
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       11-06-2017, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Nobody cares what a gas truck is rated they can have it rated at 20k for all i care we have both and the comparison between a tundra and a diesel ram is night and day. You can be going 80 mph and towing a 6k boat behind it and it feels like your standing still and not moving its crazy how well that thing tows and the tundra feels like a airplane in turbulence you get thrown around like crazy its just not made to tow 24/7 its a soccer mom car lmao you just slap the rating and you think thats good what the heck man a tow rating means scat its how well it handles the weight behind it. There's difference in suspension/transmission etc c'mon man you have to know at least something lmao.
Sorry man but you are talking out of your ass.

Tow ratings put on trucks by any decent manufacturer follows an independent ratings system (SAE J2807). The standard of these ratings far exceed what most manufacturers we're putting on trucks years ago which is why the ratings have come down over the years.

Sure a diesel will do a better job in most cases but that doesn't mean the gas trucks aren't up to the task of pulling their rating.

I think maybe you need to educate yourself on whats really going into these trucks rather than just drinking the coal rolling Kool aid.