Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       09-28-2011, 2:51 PM Reply   
I have an 06 Moomba Outback V, it has a little over 600 hours on it and it has been at least 2-3 years since it has had any maintenance other than oil changes. It seems like the boats fuel efficiency has been getting worse and worse lately, today about 8 gallons got about an hour of runs, there was not an absurd amount of stop and go driving I’d say an average amount. Does that not seem abnormal? I know I need a tune up and all but do the things a tune up cover really affect the millage that bad? Is there any other possible problems? Thanks for the help.
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-28-2011, 4:23 PM Reply   
My Enzo started consuming more fuel than average so I replaces the distributer cap and rotor as well as the spark plugs and that took care of the excessive fuel consumption.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Do the tune up and see if the problem remains. Why wouldn't you?
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2011, 11:45 AM Reply   
I plan to do a tune up in the spring. I haven't yet because I am a student and have to wait to see how much money I have left from student loans. I assumed the tune up was the biggest factor I just wanted to make sure I haven't over looked anything else.

Thanks guys.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-29-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
Glad to see your student loans are being put to good use. You should apply for some scholarship and grant money as well!
Old     (johndoe30o)      Join Date: May 2006       09-29-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
I've been trying to. got to pay for gas some how.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-29-2011, 5:22 PM Reply   
Depending on how much weight you're running 8 GPH doesn't sound crazy high. Do a tune up and see what it gets you. Fuel injection is more difficult to troubleshoot. I burn about 6 GPH in mine with an old carbed big block. Plugs wires cap and rotor are cheap so no reason not to try that first if it's never had it or been a while since last time. Also check your timing as part of the tune up
Old     (HighVoltage)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-30-2011, 2:59 PM Reply   
Fuel consumption wakeboarding behind an Epic 23V with the 8.1L is around 7 GPH.

Just to throw another reference point in...