Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 12:49 PM Reply   
We are heading to Havasu this weekend, actually staying in Needles, but taking the boat on the river to Havasu early Saturday and Sunday morning for some sessions and a little party time. Can anyone recomend a good place to get in an early session, "cove, area, etc" when coming from the Needles area of the river, or that side/part of Havasu Lake? If anyone is going to be down in the area and wants to hook up, let me know. This is my first time to Havasu in a few years and I am getting more and more stoked! We figure on getting the early session in and then heading to the sand bar to see what is cooking.

Cheers
Old    lukeh2owalker            06-17-2003, 1:18 PM Reply   
frenchy when you launch out of sight six on the island go straight out almost to the other side and hang a left the first cove you come to will have a tree coming out of the water with some rocks this cove is excellent and will protect from wind if its windy the turn in the back near the reeds is always good water. if this cove is to small for your likeing then proceed left and go two more coves over and turn in. this cove has an a frame slider coming out of the water if your brave enough to scratch up your board??? plus the coves name is skiers cove so it has nice wide straights and good water. i could tell you were the dragon is hidden if you are down to set it up and slide it and return it to its layer. let me know if you want to do some dragon sliding.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
That is awesome, thanks for the tip! The Dragon huh? That sounds infamous, I am not sure if we are up to it. LOL But we will look for the frame slider, I am stoked. Next trip we might have to go and slay the dragon!! Thanks again Luke!

Cheers

I will let you know if we find the coves and hopefully share some cool stories when we get back!
Old     (tahoe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2003, 2:00 PM Reply   
Jonathan, If your staying in Needles, your best bet might be to board there early in the morning. The water is sweet there in the mornings, but it's a lot cooler than havasu so you might wanna bring a wetsuit along for your first runs. Then head down to the sandbar, to watch the animals play.

Skiers Cove that Luke mentioned is nice in the mornings also till around 10am, but it's about 1 hour by boat from needles. So getting up at the buttcrack of dawn is required.

Have Fun. I wish I was going :-(