Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-09-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
Thought I'd share some of the Tejas butter with you guys and show you some of the tough decisions we had to make on Saturday.....

Old    wakelvr            06-09-2003, 8:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing!

I haven't ridden in two weeks! It will probably be another 2 before I do!

Your boat looks great Zack!
Old    buttacup            06-09-2003, 9:59 PM Reply   
Zack,
Tough decision you had to make there, glad you got to enjoy the butta.
Old    isaac_d_funk            06-10-2003, 7:38 AM Reply   
Def the malibu!!! Looks like a sweet spot to ride
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
That Launch is sick looking.

B-
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-10-2003, 8:18 AM Reply   
Supra looses the graphics battle in my opinion.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-10-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
I'd go with the Malibu. But I suppose I could live with a Supra or X-star
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-10-2003, 8:34 AM Reply   
eenie meenie miny moe would be the way to do it.

if i was forced to pick it would be the bu though
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I like the Bu too! Looks a lot like mine!
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
That looks exactly like my old boat... so I would have to choose the Malibu! I'm sure the others would probably be ....ok.... to ride behind though :-)
Old    wakeboardbum247            06-10-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
zack i think ur outnumbered but i will still go for the x if i can get another pull soon i havnt rode in 4 wks and no1 will give my sry ass a pull help me out bro
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       06-10-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Always, the under appreciated Supra. Is that the V or the direct drive?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-10-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
That Supra is a direct drive.
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-10-2003, 9:22 AM Reply   
YOU suck!!!!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 9:32 AM Reply   
Dane, I'm not much into graphics. I believe that in the long run, trendy graphics will hinder resale. Simple is always better, imo.

B-
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-10-2003, 9:46 AM Reply   
barry, so simple = sick looking
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 9:58 AM Reply   
Tim,
I suppose it's a matter of opinion, I prefer clean looking boats.

(note: As I was typing, it dawned on me that most likely you owned one of the other two.. a quick profile check revealed that I was correct. Don't get me wrong, I do like the look of the Malibu graphics... but, I like a clean looking boat better. I do not like the x-star graphics at all, but I like the boat. If that makes any sense at all.)

B-
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-10-2003, 10:03 AM Reply   
the nice thing about the wakesetters is if you want a clean look, simply peel off the tattoo decal
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
I wasn't aware that those are decals.. Which brings up another thought. I like the fact that Sanger put the graphics into the gelcoat, I think it's a better way of doing things. On the other hand, I can't change them if I wanted to..
I like the small graphics on my boat, but I doubt I will in 5 years. I wish I would have followed Neelley, his boat will be sick looking until Christ Returns(Can I say That in this forum?)

B-
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-10-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
It is definately another way of doing things, but a lot more risky if your graphics are outlandish, like checkers (using sanger as an example), which in all practicality limits your resale to the west coast.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
Tim, I totally agree about the checkers..which is why I wish I would have followed Neelley's lead.

B-
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 3:57 AM Reply   
Yup, can't wait to see my solid blue & white number.....

But the real question is which boat had the best wake? "Best" is whole can of worms I guess.

(Message edited by ralph on June 12, 2003)
Old     (pyrosmurf)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 4:03 AM Reply   
Wish I knew what the other two were like, but it still wouldn't be the VLX...

By the way... I'm with Tim, YOU REALLY DO SUCK!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-12-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
I wouldn't throw any of those out of the bed for some....
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-12-2003, 8:33 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, since my first priority would be wake I'd probably go with the X even though thegraphics make me want to vomit. Haven't been behind the Supra but I've heard the Bu is kinda rampy which I don't get along with too well.

As far as Graphics, I like the simple look too. SOme of my fav's are the SAN, the Plain Tige's, and of course Neeley's boat. Totally original however I wouldn't want to be the one to have to keep it lookin pretty!
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-12-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Those X-star graphics are too big and take away from the lines of the boat.
If I had to rate the graphics on those three:
1. Malibu
2. Launch
3. X-star
I wouldn't bitch about having to choose, although the X-star looks as if it's weighted and ready to rock n roll. My mouth is watering just looking at that pic. I'm going riding. Oh wait, I have to work. Damn.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Has Sanger cleaned up the graphics in the gel coat? I remember a couple of years ago when I was in the market for a new boat, a Supreme salesmen was telling me the Supremes also have their graphics in the gel coat and they fix them by hand to give them real clean lines. He then showed me the Sangers who didn't fix them out of the mold and line was jagged. Of course it isn't obvious until your like three feet away from the boat.

I guess the advantage of having your graphics in the gel coat is they won't rip or tear off but like it was said earlier you are pretty much stuck with them
Old    draino            06-12-2003, 9:20 AM Reply   
Where's the Nautique?
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-12-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
Bary, I like simple graphics too.

The supra would look better if "LAUNCH", in black letters, was removed.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
A.P,
Before I purchased my boat I was looking closely at the graphics on mine and others. The lines looked good but I did see a few small errors. for instance, where the corners of the checkers meet, all of them line up perfectly with the exception of one checker in the back, it doesn't line up with the very last checker.. it's off by about 1/16th of an inch. Other then that the lines are amazingly clean/straight. I noticed the same thing on the Calabria's... it might be a checker thing.

Dnae, I agree..take off the "launch' decal and it would look even better.

B-
Old    bigairnut            06-12-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
Being the owner of an x-star, it pains me to say that of those three boats I like the BU the best (from a graphics and color scheme standpoint). I've never been a fan of the "reverse" paint scheme of that x-star where the black is on bottom and white on top. It looks silly and will definitley hinder resale imo.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-12-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Big air nut - Why would reverse colors definitely hinder resale? Because you don't like them or what? Just curious.
Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Geez I didn't realize my boat was gonna get flamed so badly! :-)

BigAir - I actually wanted the all black hull but I got it after the 02 production was done and I would've had to special order it and that would've kept me from getting the great deal I got. I actually love the paint job now.

David - you're right that the X is weighted and ready to go. We use it to pull wakeboarders/skaters and then use the Malibu unweighted to pull people for the slider.
Old    helixthecat            06-12-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
Zack,
If it is any consolation, I would take your X-star buddy.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-12-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
I've got the reverse red color scheme. It's just the graphics that I don't care for. I took them off and am thinking of puting on the custom '03 graphics.
After seeing your registration numbers, I might have to change those as well. ;->
Old    amixman            06-12-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
i agree with wake whore you really suck your tortureing up all im so jealous i cant even spell aaaagggguuuuhhhh just kiddin enjoy your ride