Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Does anyone know how wide a single pro485 is? I am trying to see if I can fit two on my tower.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-23-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure its 30 inches
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-23-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
Yup, Ben is correct.

Let me know if you have any other questions, you can e mail me directly, twhite@wetsounds.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (jroll)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-23-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey Tim,
I was curious if you guys were going to be at the Dallas Boat Show?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-23-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Jason,

I might try to make it up there and visit with some of our dealers. But I do know that we have our dealers that carry our line attending. Just not sure if I will be able to go. We will not have a booth or anything. Nice boat in your profile!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (jroll)      Join Date: Dec 2007       01-23-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
Tim,

Thanks. While I was there I planned on adding to my pair of pro 60's, but I wanted to ask you what you would recommend?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-23-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
I guess it really depends on what you can fit on that tower and your goals are for sound and looks. If you are wanting the loudest option. It looks like you can maybe fit a 485 in the center and create a "60 3-Some". If you want the most headroom, you can add another pair of 60's. Or if you prefer the staggered look, add a pair of 80's and slide the 60's inside.

Another option and new set up is what we call the "Double Up" It is a pair of MB-8 on the outsides with the 60's on the inside. This gives you a 3 way system and is a great all around system for those that are more interested in a system that has a ton of mid bass punch. I designed the MB-8 for those that use their systems for surfing and party coves. Once again more personal preference on the sound. Some prefer to have more output at 80 feet back going with our HLCD speakers all the way around and others prefer more mid bass.

But, If you wakeboard more and want the volume 80 feet back. Go for the 485 in the center or the 60 or 80.

We designed all the speakers so you can mix and match to achieve your desired goal as far as preference in sound and look.

Sorry there isn't a simple answer!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2008, 3:58 PM Reply   
Tim,

What is going to be the differnece in doing a double up configuration versus a set of pro 80's with a set of MB8's?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-23-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
Murphy,

The "Double Up" package is a pair of MB-8 and pair of PRO 60's. We package it together like we do with the 3-Some. The PRO 60 and MB-8 use with the same clamp. So they all match. You can add a pair of MB-8 to your PRO 80's as well and we offer the "trick connect" quick disconnect clamp upgrade so it would then have the same clamp that comes with the 80.

The 80's have an 8 inch mid bass and the 60's have a 6.5 inch mid bass. They both use the same HLCD. It is toned down a bit in the 60's to match the sound of the smaller mid bass. So the 80 has more mid bass and more volume due to the larger cone.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
Decisions...Decisions.

So, I am looking for more of a surf and party aplication. Should I go with the "Double Up" or the MB'8 pro 80 combo?

Thanks for you help Tim
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-23-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
What tower and boat?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-23-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Malibu sunsetter with orinal skylon tuna tower.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-23-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
I would go for the "Double Up" That is a narrow tower and having the 60's in the middle will give you some head room and I think having the staggered look will work good on that style tower.

Tim
Wet Sounds