Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
We have been having a lot of fun this year, and lots of great news. We had a great festival, getting a new RZ2, the mywake/tige thing, but all of that pales in comparison to this. The Biggest thing to happen at wake9 and we are so proud and excited. Just watch.

Go to the following link to also see the pics.

http://wake9.com/blogs/blog/2010/07/...s-on-the-rope/
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-02-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
Awesome Ragboy! My wife and two girls watched the video and were cheering her on. Great family time makes all the money and effort of getting out on the water worth it! Thanks and congrats!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
thx, its a big deal.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-02-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   

Jessie IS the big deal.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-02-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Wonderful video. Excellent choice of song. I need to show my girls this so they can get motivated.

m-
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
You know, by chance, on the way in that day, after surfing with Jesse, that song comes on playlist, and we have it on loud. It was beautiful, wednesday night, sunset, song blaring, and jesse got up. It marked the occasion, so we chose it as the song for the video. People on the doc actually came up and asked us what song we were playing.
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
Nice job and congrats to Jessie and the whole family!!! She is an inspiration. I am a physical therapist and get to see people overcome disabilities and challenges every day and it never gets old! Thanks for sharing!

I can't wait to see the next podcast since I have a 5 and 7 year old that are getting close to being ready to try. They both surf with me but will not try on their own yet. I am going to show them this video tonight!!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-03-2010, 12:27 AM Reply   
yea jessie ..... she has to have the biggest smile on a little girl west of the mississippi!!!!

now shes a for real " surfer girl "
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-05-2010, 7:34 PM Reply   
Fantastic video!!

Robert, I can tell from this simple video that you and your wife are raising some wonderful kids. What struck me the most, was the fact that RJ jumps in the water to be with Jesse when she falls. And as Tim put it, family time on the water makes everything else bearable. This video proves it!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words. I honestly believe that outdoor fun is one of the keys to a strong family. Camping or boating build teamwork as a family, and just getting out and spending time together is so important. We wakesurf as a family, others camp, or whatever, but I strongly think that you have to get outside with your kids, even if you can only afford a tent, and marshmellows for the campfire. Those are the best times.

Sometimes when people see the boat and boards and stuff, and that I work hard, I will get comments like, "you can't buy happiness". "True", I say, but "You can buy memories, and they last forever."
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-06-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
AWESOME!!!! Nuff said...
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-06-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
WOW, very cool and touching video! how old is she?

When she was knealing from the side of the boat was someone hanging on to the rope and lettting it out slowly? Can you tell me more about that technique?

Last edited by jame04; 07-06-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old     (rrw71)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-08-2010, 4:33 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing! You have a beautiful family.

Rob
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-10-2010, 12:34 AM Reply   
So I have a couple of nephews in from Texas, 9 and 10, and non boaters. We filmed getting them up in just a few tries each, and one will free ride next session. Podcast should be up this weekend.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2010, 4:30 AM Reply   
that made my day great job jess
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-10-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
@edgar

We made a video that should be released on Sunday, where we discuss that and other techniques. You basically have it right, but I must STRESS you should NOT do this during a busy weekend, but midweek, calm, and you have a fresh air exhaust. It requires someone sitting on the very rear of the boat, and the little one at the very rear of the boat at 5mph speeds which can be a problem with CO and may be illegal in your state. So check your regulations. Also, I am going to say it, even though you probably already know, this should NEVER be done on anything but an inboard boat with a quality swim deck like ours.

This technique is just mostly to get them used to being on the board, and something fun they can do on their knees, before they are ready getting up. Jesse, due to her condition, could really only do this, for a very long time. Most kids should get past this method quickly.

Anyway, I will post the new video here, where I discuss this method, and then other ways to get kids like Jesse up, and then a 9 and 10 year old. Great fun.