Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-04-2013, 5:03 PM Reply   
Looking for a new boat. In-between mainly the Axis A22 and the Moomba Mobius LSV, but I found a great deal on a 240 ex that caught my attention. We aren't die hard wakeboarders...although we enjoy it and do it frequently, I don't think we would necessarily need a full out wakeboard boat. I think the 240 would suit us better for cruises, appetizers, etc. But, does anyone know about wakeboarding behind these? I currently have a little Tahoe Q4 with a 3.0l merc which does fine for 180's and stuff like that. Would a 240ex with a tower and a 5.0l merc duodrop do well with wakeboarding?
Old     (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-04-2013, 5:10 PM Reply   
I would say no. I had a Crownline 266BR and it was not good. The wake will always have a slight wash out on the top with the I/O. If you really want to wakeboard or surf (which I highly suggest you try ), go with the v-drive or at a minimum a direct drive. If you have the chance, get behind all and then make your decision.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-04-2013, 5:27 PM Reply   
It will just be a bigger version of what you have now. I assume a 240 is a 24 footer. With only a 5.0 liter that boat is going to struggle more than your Q4 with a 3.0 liter. be a good cruising boat, not good for waterspouts. Well tubing maybe.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-04-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16igordon View Post
Looking for a new boat. In-between mainly the Axis A22 and the Moomba Mobius LSV, but I found a great deal on a 240 ex that caught my attention. We aren't die hard wakeboarders...although we enjoy it and do it frequently, I don't think we would necessarily need a full out wakeboard boat. I think the 240 would suit us better for cruises, appetizers, etc. But, does anyone know about wakeboarding behind these? I currently have a little Tahoe Q4 with a 3.0l merc which does fine for 180's and stuff like that. Would a 240ex with a tower and a 5.0l merc duodrop do well with wakeboarding?
If you have the desire to wakeboard at a greater level, any current inboard/v-drive will get you there. The pull and wake are much more consistent behind a direct/vdrive... If you don't care that much, a 240 would be much better suited to Tahoe...