Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-28-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
We're planning on making the trip this year to the Atlanta stop in May. We've never been so I need plenty of suggestions from anyone who has been there. Best places to stay, and eat, and just generally what to expect and any helpful suggestions you may have.
Old     (JohnP)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-29-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Im not sure what kind of hotel you are looking for but La Quinta is the most decent one close with better options in Kennesaw
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
Word, I have never been to that one, but I stay at La Quinta whenever I travel to Orlando for contests. It's cheap, simple, and it has free breakfast, which you definitely won't get at expensive hotels.
Old     (Brian)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
Either stay in Kennesaw (10 - 15 minutes away) or Cartersville off main street (10 -15 minutes away)
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-29-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions. I generally try to stay at a LaQuinta when I travel also. As far as the venue at the lake is concerned, would I be well advised to take chairs or possibly a tent for watching? Does anyone know if dogs are allowed there?
Old     (Brian)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-29-2012, 12:03 PM Reply   
http://www.allatoonalake.org/parks/d...ding-park.html

You can take chairs, but no tent. The entire beach area will be filled with tents from vendors.
Old     (c5dagand)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-30-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
I found some information of where to stay: PWT 2012, May 18th and 19th. If you need a place to stay, cabin or campsite, give us a call. We are just 2 miles from the park by boat or car. We will be running a shuttle every hour from the Marina to the event. Call to make reservations 770-974-2575.
They have an official facebook page. I hope this help