Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-10-2009, 11:01 AM Reply   
My best friend and family all pitched in and bought me a '08 Hyperlite Broadcast for my 30th and we are going to shred (attempt) tomorrow. Just curious on any tips. I can deep water start with a wakeskate so I am assuming it should not be that hard to get up(wishful thinking). I have never surf period so it should be fun. Any tips on how to turn or what I should do to ride. Note: I have a 21v and heard mixed reviews about the wake but I am not that concerned with the wake at this point. I just want to cruise around. I am a sponge so feel free to give input. Thanks!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-10-2009, 5:48 PM Reply   
Go here and try the HOW TO WAKESURF 101 link on the right.

http://wake9.com/

We are working on more free tips all the time. Hope it helps.
Old     (txsurfjunkie)      Join Date: May 2009       07-10-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
try wakeoutlaws.com lots of info there
Old     (nathan1pure)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-13-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
Thank you guys to all those who pointed me in the right direction. I love wake surfing now. We had a blast. The wave was even awesome on my Supra. I thought it might not be that great but it was sweet. I will have to get a pic up of the wave.
Old     (harryder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
follow the link and find all about it..

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=9896751812
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-27-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hey Nathan, How did you weigh it? I have the same boat, and tried surfing for the first time yesterday. I had 500 in the back, and 1600 in the front(stock) and only two people. It was ok, but we couldn't go ropeless, which we assumed we wouldn't anyway since it was our first time.