Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Dgsalsbury)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-03-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
Anyone ride the Ronix Parks bindings yet? It looks like it would be pretty flexible for pokes and tweaks.... I've had a battle in finding the right setup for the 2013 season. Historically I've used the Ronix one ATR bindings/ board setup and its still in great shape after two seasons. Tried riding LF boards/ bindings last year. Snapped a watson 139 and Trip 142.... I've been wanting to get a new setup for this upcoming season and was looking to start with bindings. Wanted a more flexible boot than the Ronix One. It's a great binding and very comfortable on landings but super stiff and makes poking my grabs an effort where as the LF OT ultra was a breeze to poke my grabs out.... I liked how light the LF ultra was but after a long set my knees definitely felt the impact where as riding the Ronix setup the landings were way easier on my knees.

I'm a tad nervous to get another LF board, if it breaks ill be out a board like I was all last season and don't want to endure riding 7 different boards in one summer...

Here's what in looking at:

RONIX parks binding
SHANE binding
ULTRA close toe

Does anyone have any experience with these bindings? Thanks much!!!!
Old     (SouthCack)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-03-2013, 3:10 PM Reply   
Ronix Frank.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       02-03-2013, 3:35 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Shane's and they are good. I prefer my Watsons over them but there good. I feel like they don't flex as much as the Watsons, but they are very supportive.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-03-2013, 4:02 PM Reply   
Are you going to b selling your Ronix One Atr setup? If its in decent shape, I may be in the market.
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
I've got th parks but probably a month before I get to try them. They are basically the same
As
The relics which I had previously. Super light. Loved them. Feel like shoes on your feet
Old     (Dgsalsbury)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-03-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies...my original thought was to get the relics but at the time didn't have the funds so went with the Ronix 1 ATR bindings. Also, That's interesting about the Shane's vs the Watsons as you goto the LF binding finder they market the Shane as a more flexible binding as the Watsons. It's a little confusing and I wish it was easier to try out what you want a little more in depth before you drive your credit card another $500 in the ground.

The board is in great shape still. The Rx1 is great off the wake and landings but its not as fun or fast on the water. I Thought about equipping smaller fins but not real sure how the board would react or how to find em.. ... The board is in above average shape. I didn't tag it out... 142 and bindings are still like new. I was in the army and am pretty anal about my cleanliness and care of my stuff. .. I also have another 137 one board in decent great shape. It has one small knick the size of a quarter in the nose of the board but I polyurethane coated it myself to keep it from getting worse. Board still rides well..

I'm still undecided about selling it. I may, I don't know. I appreciate all the input from everyone. Let me know what you think about the parks when you get a chance. I assume you'll be out in another month or so?
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2013, 6:07 AM Reply   
Ive got the Ronix Parks bindings. Im super happy with them. They have way more flex than the Ones (which were my old bindings). They are super comfortable and light. I wish i went to these sooner then i did.
Old     (Dgsalsbury)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-04-2013, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps912 View Post
Ive got the Ronix Parks bindings. Im super happy with them. They have way more flex than the Ones (which were my old bindings). They are super comfortable and light. I wish i went to these sooner then i did.
What did your Ronix 1 bindings feel like? Have you ridden any LF Stuff?
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-04-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
I use the Reliks as well. Super light and more flex than any other bindings. The only problem is with more flex means more chance of rolling an ankle due to the flexibility....
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       02-04-2013, 12:47 PM Reply   
try the JT!
Old     (jc)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-04-2013, 2:16 PM Reply   
I just switched from 2011 Shanes to 2013 Parks Bindings and I love them!

They feel more flexible, lighter and more comfortable.
The shanes were great but I much prefer the Ronix Parks. I also tried the Frank and they were almost as good but not as light or flexible.

I haven't heat moulded them yet, I can only assume this will make them even more comfy.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-04-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
Of all bindings on the market... when it comes to padding in the toe-box area... Ronix wins year after year (i bet 2013 is no different). Just my observation whether it is an important factor or not for you.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-04-2013, 5:20 PM Reply   
My only problem with Ronix bindings is that I have high arches and it really helps to put insoles in the bindings. LF has insoles, but I don't think Ronix does. Otherwise, Ronix bindings are constructed much better than LF bindings. I have the Watsons and they are really supportive but flex nicely once they break in. I demoed the 2012 Parks, and they were kind of similar in ankle height and flex, maybe a little stiffer (but they weren't broken in yet).
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-05-2013, 8:37 AM Reply   
Do you guys recommend going with your true shoe size with the Ronix bindings or go 1 size smaller so that they fit snug? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of ones. I've been using the Reliks for a fw years and rolled my ankle pretty good last year using them so I'm looking for more ankle support...
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
Ronix bindings are definitely better that LF and I like the Cells. The flex for the cells are between the ones and the parks. They have flex when you want it and stiffness when you need it. For a new board, what kind are you looking for? if you want a flex board I would go with slingshot, but if you want a stiffer, traditional board, go with ronix
Old     (Delt725)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-05-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
I'm switching from Byerly Pro to the Ronix Preston this year. I had to go up a size.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-07-2013, 8:43 AM Reply   
I'm a true 11.5 size should I go with size 11 or 12 Ones? When I wear a pair of Nikes, I usually go with a 12 because they tend to run narrow, but for dress shoes I use 11.5....any suggestions?
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-08-2013, 4:46 AM Reply   
I like my bindings tight so my foot doesn't move at all. I'm a 10.5 and went with a 10 cells and they fit perfectly.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-08-2013, 6:19 AM Reply   
I'm a 10.5 and I wear size 9 in Ronix boots. I'm a little crunched for a few sets, but when they break-in they are nice. I like my bindings really snug and my toes to touch the end of my boot. Most people order the Ronix a little small, some true to size, but I don't know anyone who sizes up.

11.5 in shoe = 11 in bindings--absolutely no doubt
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-08-2013, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I'm a 10.5 and I wear size 9 in Ronix boots. I'm a little crunched for a few sets, but when they break-in they are nice. I like my bindings really snug and my toes to touch the end of my boot. Most people order the Ronix a little small, some true to size, but I don't know anyone who sizes up.

11.5 in shoe = 11 in bindings--absolutely no doubt
Thanks for the reply! I currently have the Reliks in a size 12, but I also feel they are a little loose. When I first got them they were a perfect fit, but after some use they did stretch a bit. I wasn't sure if they ran similar sizing with the Ones...