Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
I went to the Sanger dealership on my break just to kill some time and they had what looked to be a V215 hull with some pretty cool changes. It had a large fiberglass seat the full width of the boat that extended up and over the swim platform. Then the lockers on either side of the engine were shortened up much like some of the newer Nautiques which allowed for there to be a gab or floor space between the back seat and the seating on either side of the boat. The boat Was solid blue and had some billet on it that said wake series and on the side it simply had a raised bubble decal that said Sanger. I really wish i had a camera. Maybe I'll bring one tomorrow so i can share. The only down side i see to the boat is that since the storage lockers were smaller it diminishes some of the storage space for more ballast.
When i asked what model it was and how much it was i was told that it was not for sale and it was a prototype.

It is definately a sweet ride,
Anybody else have any info on it?
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
You have to go back and take some pictures. Are you able to disclose the dealer?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Yes, go get a camera! Sounds ugly but I'm interested anyway.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2009, 4:38 PM Reply   
I am guessing it is the factory, and not a dealer. I would love to see some pics! get permission first, of course.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-27-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
It's at Semper Speed And Marine in Madera Ca
Old     (usostyle)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-27-2009, 4:57 PM Reply   
Darren...lol...
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
Looks pretty cool not totally sold on the sun pad but I do like the popup ski pylon and the front and rear speaker pockets w/cup holders. Looks like Sanger is now using the pure-vert ballast system as well. Like the color matched seat bases and swivel drivers seat.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2009, 5:25 PM Reply   
Yikes! I hope the cabin and rear seat arrangement is an option...
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
yeah because when im on the boat i love to sit in the back corner by myself.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-27-2009, 5:44 PM Reply   
Pure vert ballast?
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-27-2009, 5:49 PM Reply   
Me no likey. I do have to say though that interior just looks so soft and fluffy. The extension I could live with but that rear seat not so much.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
I'm not diggin' the rear seat set up and I'm up in the air on the blue interior color although I'm sure you customize that look. That being said I like the look of the dash clean and functional and love the adjustable ski pylon. Is this a 215 or 230 prototype. Are they incorporating any of this look into the V210?
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-27-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
There appears to be +/-'s from the photos. Overall, looks like they tried to hard with this one...
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-27-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
Thats not a prototype. That is the 2010 215. Final product
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-27-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
I doubt the rear seating setup is an option, it looks to me like that houses the engine since the storage lockers are shortened.

Neat lookin boat, but I'm still on the fence

Any specs on the factory ballast?
Old    stillstandin            07-27-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
OUCH..Im a loyal Sanger guy, but I hope they dont do the same mistake CC has done with their seating.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-27-2009, 6:49 PM Reply   
Craig, they did and it looks horrible.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-27-2009, 7:02 PM Reply   
W
T
F
man..
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
I like the swivel drivers seat and telescope pylon but the I/O style back seat is barf IMO. I am picking it will be an option because the way the Sangers are constructed there is no change to the top deck for this or the original back seat arrangement. I don't know why they haven't learned from CC's mistake with the 07 210....

Also diggin the new tower and purevert style ballast vents. They have been busy for sure.

(Message edited by Ralph on July 27, 2009)
Old     (an_d)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-27-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
all that blue makes my eyes hurt. seriosly, the blue dash looks like a plastic play toy.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
Sanger needs to leave well enough alone. I had those rear seats in my '76 I/O !

Please Sanger, don't f up the V-210, the v drive that started it all... pleeezzee
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-27-2009, 8:48 PM Reply   
I like it, I really like the overhang over the platform. I don't like the back seat nor the pad on the middle of the platform overhang. Gaps between the rear and side seat are a mistake, I have them in my Nautique 211 and have several ideas to re-do this part of my seating. The little arm behind the driver needs to go to the floor and have a pocket behind the driver for hats and sunglasses or trash. The dash looks good but it should be black so it does not cause driving glare, same with the glove box. I would like to hear more about the ballast.

I agree with Chris, don't mess up a great boat.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
If the blue interior gel was black, or white, it would be a huge improvement. It just looks as if they are trying a little too hard to be like the bling kings, Bu and MC.

Sanger has always done well in the niche for the no frills, quality, performance minded practical guy. I hope this is not a hint of them changing their marketing strategies.

(Message edited by rio_sanger on July 27, 2009)

(Message edited by rio_sanger on July 27, 2009)
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
Craig A... You hit that one right on the dot. God only knows how many on the fence customers CC has lost over the last few years due to the poor seating set ups potential buyers would be forced to get.

That new Sanger seating essentially minimizes only 3 people to the rear seat, when if it was straight, you could have at least 4 if needed. 5 if you have kids on the boat!

I love Sanger too, but this is not some new tower fashion love hate issue, that is just a move backwards.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2009, 9:18 PM Reply   
+1 for what Chris said. Keep it functional and practical and maintain the same build quality. If this is the new V215 does anyone know the price? Like what's said a million times on this board Sanger's have the best bang for the buck... I just hope it stays this way. (And yes, I own a Sanger!)
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-27-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
rear platform, if removable is good.
The dash with all that blue just looks like garbage.
Love the bimini, drivers seat and retrackable pylon.
Rear seat has to go! There will not be enough storage the new set up and the back seat just doent flow well with the boat!

Pure Vert ballast?
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2009, 11:34 PM Reply   
The rear bench does not look removable, if you look at the underside the blower vents are integrated into the bench. Looks like you either order the boat w/ or w/o bench. Did not think about it but Mike is right dash and glove box is gloss and not flat and will glare on the windshield like mad. Pure-Vert is the same type of system used by MB, Wakecraft, Calabria and now Sanger. Some of the other manufactures are said to be looking into it. It uses a 3 1/2" Gate valve to fill a tank under the floor of your boat. Fills like 2000lb in less than one minute. Only down side is you have to be under way to drain it.
Old     (lion90)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-28-2009, 4:02 AM Reply   
The only questions that I have about the pure vert systems is: What do you do when you want to add more weight?

I know some will chime in and say that 2000lbs is enough... and it probably is for most people however we know many people on here slam their boats with easily twice that.

On a system with pumps and hard tanks, it is relatively easy to get a larger setup by plumbing in additional bags to the hard tank system or upgrading the bags in an all bag system.

I took my 230 from a stock 800lbs to over 3000lbs. Granted I still have to deal with pumps but it only takes about 5 - 10 mins to fill all of that up.

I really like the pure vert system for sure, I just assume that you would have to add pumps and bags or do it the old fashion way if you want more ballast. The exception being the Epic as it comes stock with 4K.

Overall, I agree with the fluffy and I also agree with the comments on learning from CC's mistake. With that said I have a 2009 SAN 230 but I think they corrected most of those mistakes by taking out all the interuptions minus the two rear facing inserts that we love and only lose the potential of maybe one seat out of it.
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-28-2009, 4:50 AM Reply   
I like it. Actually, I love it . Sanger Rocks! Hopefully they stay priced well.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-28-2009, 4:53 AM Reply   
what is the ballast for the Sanger with the Vert?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2009, 8:55 AM Reply   
Dave, 2000 lbs is probably enough for 95% of the people who will buy the boat. You are right though, if you want to add extra ballast you would need to add pumps, bags, switches, through hulls, etc... It is definitely more expensive than just splicing in a bag from a traditional setup.

By the way the transom seat and the rear seat look like crap. I personally don't like the blue wraping inside the boat, but then again that is just an option to have it colored that way. The only color I would want on the fiberglass inside the boat is white. Colors including black show too many blemishes and are hot.
Old    murphy8166            07-28-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
Is this a promo color scheme for the Care Bears??
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
I just noticed it but I really like the 12v accessory plugs in the cockpit next to the cupholders. Also there are little pods to set your phone or wallet. There are a lot of things I like about that boat. I like the tower, vinyl, driver seat, gauge package, bimini and purevert system.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-28-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
I never thought I'd see an Inboard do the old school I/O seating layout in the transom. Seems like a step backwards for Sanger. I'm a Supra guy and haven't been in a Sanger before but have always liked the styling, this turns me off to them just like Nautique did with their seating.

I just don't see the niche in the market they're aiming for? Even I/O manufacturers are trying to get away from that styling on their small sport boats, it's simply their due to size restrictions.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-28-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Everything looks great except the rear seating. Why? I could see the extension platform as some sort of slide in and out option to make the deck bigger.
Isn't one of the advantages of a v-drive to have a big back seat? Aside from a few more inches of leg room, what is the point?
Anyone notice the tower line is off from the windshield? Sanger 236 is not a cheap boat. Something as simple as that would annoy me.

(Message edited by fatsac on July 28, 2009)
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2009, 9:41 AM Reply   
Good looking boat, comfy helm, nice attention to detail.. Problems I see, that extention will become super hot and burn some butts, and the rear seat base looks to narrow, cannot lounge at all, overall, good looking boat though!
Old    mendo247            07-28-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
I love it! Dont think id go for the back seat setup though. Loose a couple seats the way its set up and also the sun deck looks quite a bit smaller. The interior looks awesome though!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
I didn't see that at first with the tower not lining up. It is a small thing but it would annoy me as well.

I wonder how one of these would look with a Titan II tower on it. I think it would look good.
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Sweet boat if it is priced the same as the I/O they stole the seating arrangement from!! Holy crap Someone needs to be fired for that one.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hate it! The rear seating needs to be flat with the engine compartment. Don't make the same mistake Nautique originally made with the new 210. They ended up changing it after all of the customer complaints.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2009, 10:56 AM Reply   
Should have just gone all the way...

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/pc/WIS-WD975P-842/360004/Back+To+Back+Seats/Premium+Back+To+Back+Lounge+Seat.html
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-28-2009, 12:13 PM Reply   
Wouldn't this design increase interior space? I'm not sure how I feel about the boat but if you are talking about increasing the cockpits space then I am all for it! I think this is one of those things that will grow on people and will prove to be functional for the folks that use it. The bashers will never try it and rant about how terrible it is.

As long as there is space in the trunk for more bags! The only thing I would change is make it a true wraparound seating. Props to Sanger for mixing things up.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-28-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Yeah, honestly our boat isn't back enough to make everyone sit straight up to fit... so if people want to look back its either an awkward sit/twist to see back or they law down, here someone can sit and view straight back, and laying is still an option.

Space on the sits usually isn't a problem, its floor space.... I don't think its great, but it isn't bad
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-28-2009, 12:28 PM Reply   
Great looking boat from the outside but why the heck would they chop up the rear seating arrangement like that? Seems like it server no functional purpose.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-28-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Cool. A penalty box seat for each team!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
Just got a message from Scott P:

Rear seat arrangement is an OPTION, Yay
Pure vert adds 1200 pounds!
This boat is pure composite construction, wood is still an option.

IMO Good work Sanger
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
Darren, when you say the rear seat arrangement are you talking about the added on piece on the transom or the rear seat in the cockpit?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
My understanding is both
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-28-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
I hope that little seat on the shelf over the ski step is optional...that would get thrased IMO and I would rather have all fiberglass with the padding.

I do like the idea of the seat over the ski platform. I am curious how it will effect the boat's attitude coming off plane...especially with heavy weights. Will it lift the back more (thus diving the nose harder)? Will it be functional and no longer require "burping" the throttle to keep the back from getting washed over from your roller?

Either way Kudos to Sanger for trying new things.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Love the seat over the platform. Love most of it, but someone F-ed up on that rear seat. Defintely not good for wakeboarding all day.
Old     (moombadaze)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-28-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
I like it. but dont like the seat on the platform or the blue gelcoat on the dash.

the i/o rear seating--isnt that like the little mastercraft vdrive x14?(may have wrong model in my head) and is there very much storage back there?-can you fit a board in there
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
That rear seat doesn't look like a potential option. It seems like too much of it is the overall hull design.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-28-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
I mean overall interior design.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2009, 2:50 PM Reply   
Wow, Sanger going wood free. That's big. How many people do you think will spring for the wood stringer option?
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-28-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
It looks like it has the purevert and a bunch of vent/drain holes. Maybe they are all just vent holes though?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
Sanger has offered the all composite version of a few of there boats for a few years

Hate the interior!

Like the Pure Vert option and the Composite option

(Message edited by krbaugh on July 28, 2009)
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
"Sweet boat if it is priced the same as the I/O they stole the seating arrangement from!! Holy crap Someone needs to be fired for that one."

I think he was hired from the Pontiac Aztec Team...

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-28-2009, 4:52 PM Reply   
hate the interior. nasty, just nasty!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
"How many people do you think will spring for the wood stringer option?"

I, for one would.
If you've ever ridden in, or driven a Sanger, you'd understand the benefit of wood stringers. Sanger's rough water ride is legendary, rock solid feel and strength that you just can't achieve with composite. My boat is ten years old, and feels as solid as the day I bought it.

...And they warranty lifetime against rot.

But that still doesn't make that baby blue interior any less hideous!
Old     (ldp_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-28-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
I wonder if the platform on the transom is for the people who sit on the back sunpad when wakesurfing? Although I don't wakesurf, when chillin I'd rather sit on a comfy padded area and let my feet hang.

Blue is gross as is the rear seating! Keep it traditional stadium seating.
Old    mendo247            07-28-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
What year did the trailer manufacturer move the bunk mounts from the top center of the rail to the face?
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-28-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
Not sure what your asking Coop? My trailer bunks, (1999 V-M) look just like the one in the picture.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-28-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
so my question is, and sorry i got here late, is the the hull the same?
that rear seat thing has got to go and the wing in the back makes me think its a pocket rocket car.
350 black scorp? nice... when did that change come into play by merc?
dash looks pimp, that color combo can go away though looks like an old 50's caddy or something.
pure vert, nice option. whats the location of it though? is it split left and right and does it run centered in the boat or off set toward the rear. is it in conjunction with there standard 2 rear tank and center bag system or is it one or the other?
and finally i cant say until i ride in one if i would go composite or not but from owning this boat and having friends that do i can say the "wood" stringers do make this boat ride very nice!!!!
Old     (delta_mud)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-28-2009, 10:32 PM Reply   
Sanger always could keep it simple yet classic. This new model is a disaster. I guess nothing lasts forever. To be fair I am only judging this by the photos, but it looks like legroom for the two back corner seats is a little on the short side.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2009, 10:48 PM Reply   
Coop,
The mounts are still welded to the top of the rails.

Brian,
No change to the hull for 2010. The 350 Scorpion (they dropped black from the name) came out in 09 with the DTS and Cats. The rear seat is an option, don't like don't get. The blue is not bad in moderation, just way to much of it. Not sure of the tank location just know that it is split left and right on the outside of the stringers under floor just not sure how far forward the tanks run and don't know what they are doing for forward ballast when you order pure-vert. My guess is that you can still order it with the hard rear tanks and pure-vert if you want. WOOD! all the way.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-28-2009, 10:52 PM Reply   
Brian,
Just realized that the rear hard tanks will not fit as the rear lockers are like one foot shorter than previous years.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-28-2009, 11:35 PM Reply   
You can order this boat with the pure vert option AND the standard wrap around lounge with the normal sized back lockers.

Not sure if you can get pure vert and rear locker tanks but if you could = 2200 pound factory ballast = perfect boat IMO.
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-29-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
I think the overall the boat looks good. And not to beat a dead horse, but that rear seating has to go. Might as well have DD vs. a VD with that one.
Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-29-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Sanger uses wood in their boats. Is that a problem or has Sanger done something to prevent wood rot?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-29-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
Looks like Sanger took notice of what The Pro Shop in Longview Washington was doing. They were actually installing there own bags under the floor boards outside the stringers. I know the purevert is a completely different system but it is about time they got the ballast under the floor. When I talked to the Pro Shop they said that each side in their version was 500-600 pounds I think and that it went from the back of the boat all the way to the windshield. This gave it a very even front/back side/side weight.

I doubt that Sanger would have the option of 1200 lbs plus plumbed in rear and front ballast. I am not sure they want the liability of putting too much ballast in their boats from the factory. That sure doesn't mean a customer can't add plumbed in 750's in the rear and a 500-700 up front. If you did that the boat would have an awesome amount of ballast for good wakeboarding, surfing(either side) and have it all hidden.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-29-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
"Sanger uses wood in their boats. Is that a problem or has Sanger done something to prevent wood rot?"

I've been on WW for a little over two years, and I can't recall ever reading a post about Sangers' wood stringers failing.

They use a process that encapsulates the wood, thus preventing moisture from getting to it. This process has it's own lifetime warranty, my paperwork on it is at our river place, so I can't quote exactly the specifics. Maybe someone else can chime in that has the literature handy.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-29-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
CC blew it with the penalty box seats, so why would Sanger follow suit now?
Old     (rowdy)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-29-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
I wonder if they are doing all infusion in the hulls yet? I would still definitely stick with wood stringers.

It looks like there is still a pump ballast system in the boat by the drains in front of the driver.

I wish Sanger would go back to more conservative colors and styling. The colors are a major turn off for me, but I felt the same way about the first 237 that I saw pictures of and felt completely different when I finally saw one in person.

The blue around the dash is way too much. The dash layout is great, but go back to the black or something without glare. The billet and colors just don't seem to make a comfortable helm. It feels industrial. I feel the same way with the alcoves. They are a great layout, but I think it needs something softer than the fiberglass or plastic that's in there.

I think I'd rather see a walk through over this layout. The whole boat just feels too busy.

Also, I hope they add dual fuel fills. That is something I really wish I had.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-29-2009, 2:18 PM Reply   
GD, ITS AN OPTION!!!!! It only = fail if you order it and don't like it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-29-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
I love everything until you get to the back. The extra platform I'd have to see in person but I know I woudln't care for that seating orientation. I like the colors and extra gel coat throughout the interior including the dash, I like the stainless appliques as well. The pure vert would be sick especially if they do like The Pro Shop does and run it in the spots V215's like it.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-29-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
God, its the JBL black box setup! It is horrible in the malibu's, Prospec electronic makes it.

Too bad they didnt' learn from Malibu's mistake
Old     (hatepwcs)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-29-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
That things bitchen!
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-29-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
and people wonder y i dont like these boats
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2009, 7:22 PM Reply   
I can honestly say I've never wondered that. Ever.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-29-2009, 7:57 PM Reply   
Neither have I, if you go to the website there is a virtual factory tour start to finish, no one does that.

Somewhere in that tour there is a mention of the wooden stringers being in the bottom of a fish pond for 5 years or something like that. No rot.