Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (eastcoastboardriders)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-14-2009, 6:40 AM Reply   
Anybody wakeboarding in the Charlotte area, or anybody that wants to wakeboard, please contact us at www.eastcoastboardriders.com. We do everything from wakeskating, wakesurfing, to wakeboarding. We love being out on the water and we ride behind a Green and black Supra! We ride just about every day and we let anyone ride with us no matter your skill level, all we ask is to throw in on gas! We also offer lessons, check our rates out at our web page. We also have an online store that kills ebay prices and has hella sick boards! Check us out! www.eastcoastboardriders.com
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-14-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Hey i am not trying to be rude or an ass but do you guys ride on the belmont side of lake wylie at all? If so can you chill on the power turns? I have only seen 1 green and black on the water and man it was powerturning like hell. Only seen the boat once though. Haven't seen it again.
Old     (eastcoastboardriders)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-15-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
power turning? I really dont know wat that is and u might have the wrong person. We ride lake wylie sometimes and when we ride wylie, we ride at the back cove where the slalom ski course is.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-15-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
spam!
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-15-2009, 7:17 AM Reply   
Can someone give the guy a link to how not to powerturn?

Ya i live near that cove and watched you guys one day out there. Its been a few weeks maybe a month ago since i seen that boat. I wasnt in my boat at the time so i couldn't come over and say hi. I live directly across from there, (that area is called Paws Creek) If you see a Blue SN2001 in the water thats me, I am the only one with a blue on up that far.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-15-2009, 7:28 AM Reply   
Owen,

Power turning is when, after a rider falls, a boat maintains speed and turns the boat around to go back and pick up the rider. This effectively sends rollers down the entire cove and it doesn't take long to create a bunch of choppy water for everyone riding the cove. Best way to pick up when a rider falls is to return the boat to neutral while simultaneously cutting the wheel at the same time. the wake will push the back end of the boat around and you can idle back to the rider without sending big rollers down the course. Plus it will save you a lot of gas and anal guys like Raymond from fussing at you .

I ride with Raymond in that cove a lot, another guy Scott has a yellow Moomba you may see out there. Also a few of the guys that work at Mastercraft live in that cove so dont be surprised to see an X-star or X-45 either.

and wow Joe - great contribution. Easy to see how you got to 15k posts. Quite an achievement.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-15-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzvOsvrhR4M
Old     (eastcoastboardriders)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-16-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
yea sorry if that happened. We usually dont ride down there and some of my friends definitely dont know how to drive especially if theyve drank a little too much... How long have you guys been riding? Ill make sure that happen again!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 6:53 PM Reply   
dont drink and drive
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
Seriously...I bet that parents all over Norman are lining up to hand their kids over to you guys, as long as you haven't "drank a little too much."
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-17-2009, 6:24 AM Reply   
^^^ Agreed... Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.....
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-17-2009, 6:41 AM Reply   
Come on guys give'em a break. They are going to "SHRED the EARTH"

Chris- I think you have been riding with my friend Rob up in Raleigh. I was his roommate while I was at NCSU. The guy popped his w2w cherry behind my boat and now he is throwin switch 3's. Its just silly how good he has become.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
I've never seen the word "shred" more in 1 place than after looking on their website. I miss the 80's.
Old    gotwake123            07-17-2009, 8:15 AM Reply   
hey guys I live in the charlotte area and you guys need to chill out with all the trouble you have been making since this season has started. Plus who is going to send there kids with a bunch of drunks on a wakeboard lesson. If I were you i would lay low for a bit.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-17-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
^^^Stephen, what trouble have they been starting, we want to hear! PS, your profile pic is sick.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-17-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
this was a very successful advertisement
Old     (lilsumo)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-17-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
That was one big A$$ wave in that video where the jetski pulled u into it
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-17-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
By Matt Murphy (ncsuuh) on Friday, July 17, 2009 - 6:41 am:
"Chris- I think you have been riding with my friend Rob up in Raleigh. I was his roommate while I was at NCSU. The guy popped his w2w cherry behind my boat and now he is throwin switch 3's. Its just silly how good he has become."

Yes, I've been working with Rob over the past few weeks and he's been adding a new trick to his bag just about every lesson! He is a solid rider and listens VERY well! Give me a call or shoot me a PM/email if your ever interested in getting some instruction or just riding with us. We're out on Jordan Lake just about everyday unless we're winching rails!

CH
LakeSide Sports, LLC
Old     (eastcoastboardriders)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-17-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
This is ridiculous. We don't drink when we are giving lessons. And what trouble have we started?
Old     (eastcoastboardriders)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-18-2009, 6:35 AM Reply   
I think you all have taken this way too far. By having a little too much to drink, means like 2 beers. We don't let drunk people drive our boat. And yes I have some friends who are inexperienced boat drivers but they are not the ones who do the lessons. We aren't looking to start fights or have people mad at us. We just want to give underprivileged kids and kids who want to learn how to board the opportunity to ride. Unlike you guys, who have boats and who have been riding all your lives, there are kids out here who aren't as fortunate and don't have money like that. And as for all your crap talking, why don't you keep that bull crap to yourselves, I know your mother taught you better than that. Sorry for whatever trouble we've caused on Wylie or whatever your talking about. We aren't trying to make enemies, just trying to spread the love of boarding. PEACE!