Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-21-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
I got a call a couple of days ago from one of my favorite people, Josh Cantor, the NEW owner of Wakesports Unlimited.(applause, applause) For those who arn't aware of the So Cal scene, Wakesports Unlimited, under the ownership of Tyler Irwin was(and still is) a huge contributor to wakeboarding in Southern California. Tyler, Josh, Dan the Man,and the Wakesports crew have played a major part in the growth of my boys and some of the major players in wakeboarding today The Wakesports Unlimited contests left a hole in the summer that we try hard to fill. We look forward to their future participation in the Canyon Lake Series or even bringing back the wakesports contests.We have such fond memories of our times at Fiesta Island.
Tyler is still in the picture as a friend of wakesports and will still be at most if not all the events. We wish him nothing but the best in all his future ventures and look forward to a bloody mary toast at Del Mar!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-21-2008, 2:01 PM Reply   
Thats cool. Tyler is the man, he gave me my first industry job, back when he was the manager of Waterski World. Each boat show I always make sure to stop by and say hey, he is a class act. All the best to him.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       03-21-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
Tyler is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet! Good luck Tyler!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-22-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
Wow! Good and bad news.

Great news for Josh, taking over one of the best wakeboard businesses out there. Hope to see great things in the future.

Bummer about Tyler retiring (good for him though, I am sure). Tyler has been one of the greatest people I have ever dealt with in pretty much any business. Talk about great customer service! Probably not a classier guy in the industry. Best of luck Tyler, and we BETTER still see you at the Lagoon, boat shows, etc. Have a great time (now that you will actually have some time). If you ever want to hit the lake sometime, you always have a seat with us!

Fiesta Island comps - man, what happened to those? San Diego has a great wakeboard scene/crowd, but we really don't have anything here, with the exception of the lagoon or Canyon, both great places. I really enjoyed the comps at Fiesta (only one I have ever been in). I know they are quite a task to put on, but it would be great to have them back again. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck to both Tyler and Josh!!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-22-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I remember those Fiesta Island contests, that's were we got everything started. I was bummed when they went away. Here is a picture I found of the good old days. Good luck Tyler!!

Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-24-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Here is the low down straight from the horses mouth!

http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1561