Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (oldschoolmalibu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
I know alot of people here are Monster Tower fanatics. They are great towers i agree. I was looking for something a little more swoopy like the big Air Tower and its cheaper. What experience have you guys had with these towers? I am putting it on an 88 Malibu Sunsetter and I really like the Big Air towers. I have looked at 13th floor, skylon, monster, and for the price, the big air is the best look and value. Any input or advice would be appreciated. Thank you

http://www.bigairpylons.com/Tower.htm
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-11-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Check out tricktowers.com. I put one on my 2001 and absolutely love it. $1350 shipped and I got it about 2 weeks from the day I ordered it and it's one piece, not universal.
Old     (boarder831)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-11-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
My son and I installed one our 98' Reinell 184 over the winter and have had no problems with it. Tower is quiet and very solid. We reinforced the hull before installing it. It did take time to drill the holes (many holes) and went through two titanium drill bits before the job was done. Take your time and you should have no problem. Overall we are quite pleased.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-11-2007, 2:04 PM Reply   
I put one a a friend's boat. What a PITA! It was a lot of work trying to get the legs and the "H" member centered. Drilling the holes for the "H" was also a real PITA and I went through about 4 drill bits. One of the set pin holes was off by a 1/4" so one of the rear legs obviously sticks out further than the other side. Maybe check out Legittowers.com, I've heard they're easier to mount and drill. They have one that's polished for about $795, I think. If you get one of these type of towers, MAKE SURE you tape the tubes that go into the "H" member carefully and completely or you'll gall the heck out of the aluminum.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-11-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
MONSTER TOWERS ROCK.
you know, its 6 to some and half a dozen to another. those big air towers look great have nothing to offer you about the product but i can say i had great luck with monster quality on my old ski nautique 196. just make sure they back there product with a decent waranty and like any tower remember its for 1 purpose and 1 purpoe only, WAKE BOARDING, it will last. they are all made of aluminum its just about the look you want. but any tower will be alot more convienent then a skylon pole. post some pics when your done.
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
I also have a Tricktower. I bought mine when the guy was in AZ. He sold the business to a guy in TX, so I can't vouch for them anymore. I really like mine though
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-12-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
Chad-
I have installed 2 BigAir towers; one on my first boat (Bayliner) and one on a friend's boat. They worked great. They required several hours to install with all the drilling of the H-member, but the end product was nice. However, it did still rattle a little bit. Not too bad, but still a little rattle and sway. On my next boat (91 Malibu Sunsetter) I installed a Titan I. That thing was ROCK solid. And I liked the looks better on the old Malibu. I got it delivered for about $1000. I would consider the Titan I very seriously if I were you. Only downside is the way the Titan lays down; it lays on the windshield and if you only have a 7' tall garage door, it wouldn't lay down far enough to get the boat in the garage. I had to undo the front legs each time to get it in the garage.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-13-2007, 5:12 AM Reply   
I've had both. Monster is the better tower. The Big Air was fine, but rattled some. Monster tower is the better value.
Old     (oldschoolmalibu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input guys. i ended up going with the Monster Tower. I think those guys have a quality product and they seem to really stand behind it.

Next question:How can i make it have more a a swoop look instead of a vertical look. Thanks for all the help.