Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-16-2007, 10:20 PM Reply   
Got a buddy who is looking for his first boat. Came across an 88 Malibu sunsetter in the area. anbody have any info they would care to share on what kind of beginner wake boat this would be. I can't help him out at all with this boat
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-16-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
i have a 90 malibu skier, basically the closed bow edition (1 ft. shorter). i enjoy mine. one thing to remember, it was a skiing boat. wakeboarding wasnt around then, but with weight or people mine those a big enough wake for my buddy to go w2w with 5 ft. of air. i will say, over 30mph there's no wake just in case you have a skier.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-17-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
Not a bad one. I had an 89 sunsetter for a long time. It really depends on his riding level and speed of progression. If he is relatively new it would probably be an okay wake with some sacks. If he is looking more towards advanced riding and beyond I would step up to either a mastercraft 205, or a Nauti 2001 for the wake.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-17-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
Yeah I am really pushing him towards prostar 205/ sport nauty. Can't beat the price and wake, but he came across this boat and I know mid/late 90's sunsetters throw decent wakes as well. So was just curious, but after doing some research it looks as if the sunsetter hull was changed in like 95, and that is the yrs I am familiar with.

He is really just getting into the sport. Probably gonna be more of a purely recreational rider not really pushing it to hard. I am leaning towards a 205 just because it is a lilttle more roomy than the sport nauty.....and well you see what I own :-) So I am a little bias. He wiull most likely always have 4 people(adults) in the boat when he's taking it out so the extar space in the 205 is a huge plus in my eyes
Old     (oldschoolmalibu)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-08-2007, 1:18 PM Reply   
I have an 88 sunsetter and I put a 440lb sac on the sides of the motor as far back as possible and a 500lb. in front beteween the seats. Wale is tall and crisp and is plenty big enough to do whatever we need to do. Keeping in mind we are not getting 10 feet of air, but plenty to do rolls, flips, w2w, whatever.....
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-08-2007, 8:21 PM Reply   
I have an 89 Sunsetter. Its a great boat and a decent wake for boarding surfing and skiing.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2245