Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (06outbackv)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I am about to order some pop up cleat's from Overton's and was wondering where everyone's are placed. I do not know where to mount them on the hull. Pictures would be awesome. Also, is there anywhere cheaper than overton's? Thanks Guys.
Old     (wakedog)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2007, 1:28 PM Reply   
I found these a while back but I don't know if they're any cheaper.

http://www.eddiemarine.com/Cart/details.asp?SubCategoryID=256&CategoryID=17
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-31-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
Mount them so the boat will ride flat against the dock and then on the bow. Usually, that is one on the stern, one near the driver's seat, and one near the bow - a total of 6. I also prefer to have a fender hanger near the cleat so that you can easily hang a fender to protect the boat hull. The spot should be fairly flat so the cleat does not have exposed edges to catch everything. Before you drill, make sure you can reach where you need to put the backer plate, washers, nuts, and turn a wrench. If necessary, buy a high quality fine tooth gear wrench so it goes easier.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-31-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
Our MC has 4, but the forward cleats aren't far enough forward. They're more toward the middle of the boat. Definately mount 2 up in the bow; you can get away with not having some by the drivers seat, just hang fenders off the tower legs...
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-01-2007, 5:44 AM Reply   
What happen to water that gets into the shafts. Does it just drain out the bottom?
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-01-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
Mine only has 4 as well. The fron ones arre just ahead of the windshield, the other two are further back.
Old     (jleger98)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-02-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
some cleats have tubing on the bottom to catch water that comes through.