Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-23-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
I'm looking into getting a transcend and looking for some feedback on how it rides. would love to demo one but no one around here sells cwb. Also wondering what size I should look for? I'm 6'1" and about 200 pounds I'm thinking a 142 but don't know if a 138 would be better or not. I'm currently riding an older motive 144 thanks
Old     (wkbrdindmax)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-23-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
My boy Jess kills on one. I'm hoping he'll see this and let you know what he thinks.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-23-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
I just went from an absolute to the transcend...good move for me. I'm 6'2" 195 and ride 142 finless. A bit more predictable pop not as soft of a landing but will feel like a pillow compared to the Motive.

I might sell it when I see the platinum version, if you're interested.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       09-23-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
The board kills. I ride the 138 and its a big for me (5'8 150) but still have been able to add to my trick list in just over 1 summer (something I havent been able to do in about 5yrs.)And I even ride w/o ballast.

I am selling mine if your interested (would definitly be my setup for next year except I was offered a free 08 setup).
Old     (makai_surfer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-23-2007, 11:01 PM Reply   
Randy are you riding the Plat Transcend? If yes hit me up about a sale! Dubbe, my buddy rides the 142 and he is about 210. He LOVES the board and gets great air with it.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
I just picked up a 2007 142 Transcend Platty on sale and rode it for the first time yesterday. I am coming from a 142 Byerly DNA. I am 6' and am sadly weighing in at about 195 these days. Absolutely loved the Transcend. Everything I read about it is true. Very loose and fast but still holds a great edge, has awesome pop, and the landings were super soft. In fact, the landing was the main thing I liked about the board over my Byerly. Landing in the flats just didn't seem to have that same pounding effect as my old board did. I loved the looseness too. It felt a tad squirly my first session, but by my second seshion I had adjusted and was edging great.
Old     (dan_k)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-24-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
i have the transcend platinum and its amazing!!it has deadly pop and edge and its really fun to be on and you will progress loads on it!
Old     (wakeletter75)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-24-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
I'm 5'9 165 and ride the 138.It does feel a little big due to the fact CWBs are so wide nowdays,ie marius,transcend etc...
It's a little slow and grips hella hard,which makes surface tricks hard...I do get huge air and soft landings due to the v-tech tip.I'm still up in the air on my final opinion of the board. But this is my experience on the transcend to date.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-24-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
I love the transcend. For the past few seasons I've been riding a militant and figured there was no better board. I tried a marius, 2 premeirs, a substance and a few other boards and the militant was much more stable than all of them... until I tried a transcend late this summer and made the switch.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-24-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
How does the transcend compare to the old Premier? I'm living about 3-4 years behind the times. Rode the Premier for a couple years, loved it finless. Riding Parks since then.

Now looking at some of these new CWB. What compares to Premier or Parks? Transcend or Marius or neither? I've been curious so I thought I'd jump in here and see if I can get my questions answered.

Also, how do they react to different style wakes? My old Sport Nautique is pretty steep. Thanks
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-24-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I am demoing a platty transcend and like it so far. I didn't get any good water to ride this past weekend, but this wed. I am sure I will get another shot. My initial feeling is more pop than my 07 marius and a little quicker from edge to edge. Oh, definatley like it finless better.

(Message edited by johnsvt on September 24, 2007)
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-24-2007, 1:45 PM Reply   
I ride a 138 finless and love it. I would have to say the concensus around here is that this and the Marius are the two most praised CWB's around here. Possibly upgrading to the platinum version of the same board with some new Zeuses for 08.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-24-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Best board ever pressed.
Old     (mikested)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-24-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I have been thinking of going with this board in the 138. I am 135 and about 5ft 6. Do you guys think this would be a good board for me or should I opt for the absolute 135?
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-24-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
I just switched from an 06 premier (have always ridden premiers) to the trancend 138. I'm riding it with the short fins, and no center fin (can you even put a center fin on? never even occured to me).

I love the rocker on the board. I can approach the wake with a lot more weigh on my front foot and not dig the nose of the board in. Because of this, im getting a lot more pop, and am a lot more even in the water.

there does seem to be a bit of squirlyness when riding not on edge that my premier didnt have, but im adjusting to that.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
138 is way too big for you.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2007, 4:21 PM Reply   
I have been riding a transcend.... BEST BOARD I HAVE EVER RIDDEN!!!

I can't beleive how muchI have progressed in one season, and I think the board has a lot to do with it.

To me, knowing exactly how the board is going to react gives me a lot of confidence. I love it!!
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-24-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
i ride the 06 platty. it is the best board ive ridden. it great pop and super soft landings. buy one. you will not regret it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Mike, the 138 isn't too big for you. Considering that its only an inch longer than the 135 Absolute. I see very little reason that you can't ride the 138, it will feel more stable and give you a nice rail to generate speed. That being said, I am a huge Absolute fan. I am however thinking of switching to the Transcend for 08 though.

Adam, if you are looking for something like the old Premier, get the Absolute. It rides similar on the water but has a defined center spine to break up landings.
Old     (wayz)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Dubbe, I recently switched out my old 140 Motive to the 138 Transcend. The c-dub rides great. It took me a few outtings to get use to the 3 stage pop. But overall I enjoy the Transcend. You can't go wrong.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-24-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
Sounds like everybody loves it. looking forward to trying one. I think it would help me progress. Now if I could just find one to buy. seems like used ones are hard to come buy due to the people that have them love them. I like the 06 graphics on the platty a little better than the 07 platty but that doesn't matter too much. Just seems like I could pick up a 06 a little cheaper than an 07. thanks for all the input
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-24-2007, 7:51 PM Reply   
Watch out, the 07 is a totally redesigned shape that is greatly favored over the 06.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       09-24-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
DUBBE-

I have an 07 138 I am selling. The board rocks- however I have a new 08 setup coming for free (so I no longer need this one). Its not platty but 1 pound wasnt a big deal for me. Board is in great condition- never been on any sliders or ramps. Some minor scratches on bottom from moving from car to boat.)

I also have some 07 CWB Zeus's (with the coil wrap on top - and without - cwb option lace wrap that came out later this year that has an extra eye hole for more support) both are in excellent condition with warranty.

Let me know if your interested- I am looking to sell either individually or as a setup- we can discuss prices-
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-24-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
I did not know that. whats different? I think anything will be better than my motive, but I'll keep that in mind for sure.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-24-2007, 9:54 PM Reply   
i wouldnt say the premier and the absolute ride similar. My buddy went from an 04 premier to an 07 absolute platinum and is having a hard time rotating the board just right, plus the absolute isnt gonna be as predictable as the premier since the absolute has the largest rocker in the industry. He says they are night and day. But not everyone is the same.

The best thing you should do is buy from a shop bc cwb offers a buy back program where if you dont like the board after a couple of rides you can bring it back to that shop and try out another board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-25-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Any reputable shop should let you swap a board out if its not working for you.

He said the old Premier & I assumed the old old Premier/Era shape. I guess there are like 3 generations of that board now.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
1st generation is the era shape i believe, premier prior to 03 or 04.
2nd generation was the popular one, the one where it was black with pink and some girl on it. Had cupped rails also.
3rd generation is the current one. Which is a love/hate for the most part from what i hear.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
I've got an 07 142 platty if someone wants it...$300 plus the ride.

david.luker@jacksonthornton.com
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       09-29-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
think I want to try a platty 138. anyone have one they want to sell??