Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
How much is a 95 Super Sport Nautique worth? I have found one that looks to be in good shape. It says that it has auto ballast and new interior, but no tower and a single-axle trailer. What is a fair price?
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-11-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
new interior is a big selling point. just guessing without knowing hours or anything else...$14,500
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
I found the listing on craigslist so I don't have all of the details. Is there anything that distinguishes one year from another, like graphics or anything. The year isn't listed. I just sent an email so I guess I'll just have to wait for some more info. Thanks for the help.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-11-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
depending hours
15k -- 18k
anything less really good... we got ours 100% stock --350 hrs on boat -- 60 on new motor (long story) and paid 18k
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell the year by this picture? My guess was a 95 from the interior and the dash. Any guesses? They are asking 19,900.
Upload
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-11-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
Why do people even bother putting their boats up for sale if only going to give one crappy picture and no information. And they're probably high if they're askin 19,900. I just bought a 2001 pro air nautique absolutely completely loaded, in fantastic shape, 500 hrs., for 19,000. I realize it's a v-drive but come on!
Old     (hutangclan)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-11-2008, 7:55 PM Reply   
that is not really a bad price for a super sport if it is in good condition with low hours. V-drives just command higher prices these days even if they are older. and people know that the older super sports are the best of the older wakeboard boats.
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
There were more pictures but I figured that one would be the most telling as far as the year goes. The description wasn't the greatest but hopefully she gets back to me with more information soon.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-11-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
95 could be the year, thats exactly like ours... the only thing that really changes is the ski pole goes to the rear eventually and the cupholders on the front are moved....

my guess would be 95 though
depending hours again thats a pretty good price, looks clean enough... really all you need is a tower and maybe stereo if thats important to you and you have an amazing boat.

get it, buying our 95 ssn is the best thing i've ever done
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-11-2008, 10:09 PM Reply   
yeah first i have to discuss it with my wife but how often does a deal like this come up, especially when it's less than 2 hours away. i figured i would offer a little lower and see how flexible they are and go from there. a lot hinges on the hours i guess. is there a way to remove the ski pole, it is kind of right in the middle of everything and would never get used (in my case)?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-12-2008, 12:39 AM Reply   
yeah, ours was out when we bought it and the guy just kept it in the ski locker, but its not hard
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
ok cool. I just got an email back from her. It is a 1995 with 500 hours. She said that it hasn't been in the water for the past 2 years and her mechanic at the local dealer says it's the best maintained nautique he's ever seen (who wouldn't say that when you are selling a boat). I'm guessing that is where they got their pricing point so I wonder how much they are willing to move on the price. Man I want this boat.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       08-12-2008, 7:39 AM Reply   
If they wanted to wait, they'd easily get 20. No question. Just a matter of how they advertise it.
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Yeah they probably could but I don't know that they know exactly what they have.
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Ok I just got another email and she said that they are at $19000 firm. I still think this is a pretty good price so I'll really have to consider it.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-12-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
meh. It is ok and if you want it go for it but I think you could do better on the price. If it is as nice as they/you say, I would go for it :-)
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-12-2008, 8:24 AM Reply   
As long as the interior is flawless they might be able to get 19k.

Even for a die hard SSN owner 19k without a tower or ballast seems a little steep for me. However, that's my personal opinion.

It seems that 19k should include tower, ballast, and be the cleanest boat out there.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-12-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
I bought my 95 super sport 3 years ago for 22,000
with just a tower and radio. I added the ballast and perfectpass and I would ask 20,000 (firm) for it right now if I was going to sell it. So I would say that is a pretty good price.
Old     (rdhwk10)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-12-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Yeah the more I think about it, the more I think I could find something cheaper. The boat is getting the vinyl done right now so it would be new. I'm just adding everything else that I would want to add on and it's getting more expensive than I want it to be. $19000 for the boat, at least $1000 for the tower, perfect pass is another $1000, stereo, etc. These things get expensive real quick. I'll have to think about it.
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Dont forget another $1000 for sales tax, assuming you have to pay it in order to register the boat.

I also thought about getting a stock SS late 90's, then adding everything, tower, pp, stereo, ballast.

But you have to realize you pay retail price if you have to add the options and they're worth, essentially, half as much as soon as they're installed. It's a way better deal to hold off and find a boat with everything on it, even if you have to drive a bit to get it. Plus, then you don't have to bother installing everything. my $.02
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-12-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
here is the wake you'll get with about 1600lbs in it

Upload
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2008, 10:47 AM Reply   
By Bill Hall (billhall) on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 9:56 am: But you have to realize you pay retail price if you have to add the options and they're worth, essentially, half as much as soon as they're installed. It's a way better deal to hold off and find a boat with everything on it, even if you have to drive a bit to get it. Plus, then you don't have to bother installing everything. my $.02

All true. But if your picky about how your stereo, tower, or ballast are installed, then you might be better off buying a boat without these things so you can do it your way.

Back in like 1999 I bought a 94 MC 205 with 59 hrs on it & damn near nothing on it. I installed the sturdiest tower I could find (way better than the New Dimensions POS), a 4 blade SS prop, a 5 vent heater with the Y adapter that was still in R&D at the time, a garage sale stereo system, and 800 lbs of ballast that was all hidden out of sight.... probably dumped about $3000 into it over about 6 yrs. I had the boat dialed for what we did with it. And after over 700 hrs, unloaded it for what I paid for it.

So if your handy with tools at all, it can be worthwhile to pick up a baseline boat & build it up like you want it done..... the right way.
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
touche bill k, touche

But what if you find a boat with exactly everything you want. haha.

Interestingly enough, I just picked up a 2001 pro air with wet sounds, acme prop, stargazer pp, led cupholders, etc. etc... and obviously the ballast was already there.(All things I would've had to install)

Basically, I got lucky and now I can just enjoy the boat and not have to work on it every weekend. Really worked out for me since there aren't too many more boating weeks left for me this year.

It's all about what kind of boat you come across and how much you're willing to work to get it the way you want.
Old     (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-13-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
id be pretty stoked to find a super sport for 19k in good condition
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-14-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
I bought the boat in the picture below for 13.5k, but it was cosmetically trashed. The previous owner never washed it, never used dock bumpers, and left it uncovered in a boat house. I installed the tower, bimini, stereo, a few new skins, 50+ hours in in sanding and buffing the hull, new rub rail, new striping, and a major tune up and fluid change all for 5k more. Total invested so far is $18,500. I looked for years to find the deal I got on this one, but they are out there. I found mine at the end of a season becuase the doctor who owned it was trading it in for a new model.

before
Upload
After
Upload
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
All i know is if i could go back and be a little smarter about purchasing a boat, this would be it. The wake on these things are insane with the right setup. i am pretty sure this is the boat that messed my back up because the last couple of sessions i was having trouble walking after riding behind it I had always had a kinda messed up back but the size of the wake these boats produce and the nautique lip send you flying.

BTW Brad, that is an awesome bimini. Is it custom?
Old     (bchesley)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-15-2008, 10:36 AM Reply   
It is a tower bimini with a custom logo in it. My dealer does these on most his new boats and does a color match in the airboard logo with the boat colors. I just really liked the red white and blue original nautique air board design.