Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (woundedknee)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
FUGLY!!!
that last shoe reminds me of the partridge family bus
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-06-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
seriously, whats next, a fluorescent one piece?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-06-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
I love this thread. Sometimes is to great to just read and stay out of it!
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-06-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have seen VERY few people wearing this years shane boots most likely attributable to the color. Now these!?!?! Are they trying not to sell product?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-06-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
Kyle,

Good Point! You know I would think that the Riders with Pro Models would want to make the most appealing looking binding/board they could to sell tons of Product. I think most riders get $$$ for each unit sold, so why would you not want to make something that appeals to everyone.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-06-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
Andy,
yeah man! I really don't get it. Everyone who rides LF closed toed rides the watsons because they are normal looking. You don't see many people riding the red watsons however because they just look weird and they come in black. The Shane board is sick also, but you don't see many people riding it either, at least compared to his 07 model. I know people say graphics don't matter yada yada but they really do in most people's cases. Look at those liquid force Vans bindings. Possibly the ugliest binding I have ever seen, and I have only seen one person riding them.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-06-2008, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'm sure the shane boot will look sweet on the shane board, but you cannot mix and match that board with any other board, if you are aiming for style purposes. Same with the Phillip boot. Personally, the Soven boot looks like an AWESOME boot, very high ankle support and if it is anything like the shanes or watsons, very comfortable.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Andy,
you said you were staying out it!

(kidding)
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-06-2008, 10:42 AM Reply   
I ride the closed toe watsons because I wanted some closed toe bindings and had some open toe watsons, which were super awesome, although, a year and a half ago when I bought those bindings, I bought them because I thought they looked cool. Good thing they turned out well, or I would have felt like an idiot...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-06-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
hahhahahaha
you got me Eric!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-06-2008, 10:55 AM Reply   
all in good fun. and it's a little late but grats on the cire hook-up!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-06-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
IMO bindings have come a long way in the last 2-3 yrs. You no longer need to go out buy the latest and greatest because of the new footbed or lockdown system (or whatever) that is new on the market this yr. I think a lot of folks will opt for better looking and cheaper gear in older models, that perform as well as the teenie-bopper new stuff. I would anyway, there's no way in hell i'm paying close to retail for that crap.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-06-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
At least there is comfort in knowing that they will be dirt cheap once they hit the clearance rack.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
The new bindings are 40% lighter than last years, thats quite an advantage IMO.
I can't do those colours tho, I will stick to last years black ones if I can get some on closeout.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
the shape of the soven looks a little like the Obrien Local
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
what is "hybrid" about Mellisa's board??
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
yeah, but the local has zero bottom features and is a flex board. the melissa board is hybrid because it's partly a flex board but has bottom features and molded fins.
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-06-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
mellisa board is apparently the link between standard boards and flex boards.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
hmmm, interesting. so finally a board that is ACTUALLY MARKETED as a hybrid flex???

this should get interesting next year!!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
Maybe this is a DUMB idea??
Why don't they make Bindings that are customizable?
i mean, like, add some kind of material on the sides that patches can be ironed on easily or stuck on some other way AND/OR have clear plastic-like pouches that a different color pattern can be inserted in... kinda like the pouch on luggage so you can identify it as your own better. ya know, stuff like that???

any takers? no takers? other ideas?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-06-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I've pitched "specific customized" idea's/plans to couple of different companies years ago but no takers. They said that it would cost too much and their team riders want to be able ride bindings right out of the box.

Funny thing is that most high performance sports that require very specific footwear, are all customized to that person's foot. And I'm not talking about semi-custom like heat molding (even though that's better then nothing). And people pay A LOT for them, but the results are undeniable. I've always said, if having a customized boot would reduce my chances of blowing out a knee or injuring my back, I would do it. Even though I've already blown out my knee )
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-06-2008, 10:03 PM Reply   
maybe these things will come to be, now that time has gone by and a new light shines... with vivid neon colors...

the customizable boots could still be ridden out of the box so to speak though. and still look good. they would look like the Ones and or the Watsons or something ya know, but i am sure you have thought more into it than me, as you said you pitched the idea before
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
The Melissa's look great. I'm not sure about the others. Are the Shane's the limited or are those the stock bindings? I bet they are the limited and they'll have a more standard looking regular.
Personally I loved the ltd Shane gear this year. I wish I could have scored a pair of the bindings.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-07-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Justin: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/610399.html?1218079974
:-)

honestly though, i can't wait until the closed toe shanes are available. they really do look like nike 6.0's, and if they are as comfortable as the 08's, i'm sold.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-07-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
You really couldn't even give me a pair of any of those bindings, they are so bad looking I can't even believe they are making them. With the exception of the watsons, those look nice, pretty much plain and black can't go wrong there. I hope they don't start making boats again with the crap teals and pinks from yesteryear. I went into PacSun the other day to use a gift certificate I had, I couldn't find a single T-shirt I'd wear, they were all that bs neon crap. Give me a break, it was horrible the first time and just as bad now.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-07-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
Too funny!

Such different points of view. I like them!

Jamie???

JD..just ordered myself some Vantages.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-07-2008, 11:31 PM Reply   
ya Justin, wow i love the shanes! i could def see myself rockin some of those!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
We'll have to get you rockin' a LF board too with a grind base for all the sliders.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-08-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
you didn't hold out for the light up melissas? :-)
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
I don't think that they'll actually light up...they're just flashy. Nice to see another flex board coming from LF.
Old     (liquid_force24)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-08-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
the 09 witness, witness grind, PS3 grind and lyman r up on wake.com.au for anybody who wants a look!
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-08-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
How do you view the boards on that forum??
Old     (mtownrydr)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-08-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Nevermind u just have to b a member.