Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-20-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
Not to long ago I was working about to take another job (at least was interviewing) in the Chicago/Milwaukee area since the Mrs. needed to get to a more metro area to find jobs in her field... since that my current company has offered me the chance to move to their corporate HQ in Bloomington, MN to keep me with the company. I still have to go through some steps before anything happens but if/when it does I'm curious on where to look for living purposes.

Since I've never really lived in a Metro area the thought of a downtown loft is awesome to me. I can walk to food, sports, music, etc etc which I've never had the chance to do.... on the flip side I currently drive 45 miles to work (each way) and it takes me 52 minutes.... Zero traffic.

... I've been looking at places to rent for the first 6 months to a year (before maybe buying) in the North Loop area (Target field to Metrodome)... so right downtown and where I would be working is basically a straight shot south on 35W (Work's address would be 1400 West 94th Street, Bloomington, MN)
.... how is the traffic from the city to Bloomington on I35W southbound in the A.M. and then obviously northbound back into the city 4-5pm?

I've done some looking at it appears I could also ride the train from most anywhere downtown all the way to the Mall of America, then catch a bus for like two miles to a bus station in front of where I would be working.... so there is the potential to rely on public transportation.

For those who live there, should I just scrap the "downtown" lifestyle and find something more normal in the burbs?

Thanks for the help, and excited to potentially be able to join all you MN riders!