Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-29-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
I have something in the works, but in the case things fall apart I wouldn't mind some other options... the last few winters my friend and I have gone to AZ or FL to get away from cold and we want to FL again but this with school I can only swing 4 weeks, not 3/4 months like usual.
Bringing our boat (what we usually do when its a long stay) for 4 weeks seems foolish so here is what I am looking for:

Anyone with 2+ rooms to rent and a boat that they would rent.

We both have been riding for 5+ years and been around inboards for our whole lives. I'm 21, my friend is 28... not just a couple of punk kids, I am willing to fly down ahead of time and meet with whoever to prove the said things.

We would pay cash up front for the stay if something worked out.

If anyone knows of anyone who has either places to rent or a boat that they would rent (more emphasis on the boat - craigslist has places) and could let me know that would be awesome.

I know its a lot to ask but i figured it couldn't hurt.

Thanks
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-30-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
Nick, Let me know if you want to come live with me on Lake Tarpon. I got the 02 Supra Launch SSV you can use. Give me a buzz. Only thing is I only have 1 spare room. If you don't mind living in the same room you are set. Lake, Boat and Bar on the lake.

CJ 321-947-1691
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
Expect a call for sure.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
...and CJ is a hero.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-30-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
I have been called worse. You guys are going to have a blast.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-30-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm so excited.... the next few months are going to craaaaaaaaaaawl by.

I owe you big time... on top of the $ we are going to owe you some serious beer.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-30-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
CJ Is a alright guy!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-30-2008, 5:42 PM Reply   
If that doesn't work out you guys can stay at my place.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
There goes my free beer.
Actually I can vouch for them, they stayed in Winter Haven last year and were very cool and respectful of everything. Although sleeping in the same room with them might be risky, they seem to be straight but Nick does own a rainbow colored Honda Metropolitan scooter. Yikes !!

(Message edited by woreout on November 01, 2008)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-01-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
The Metro gets 100 to the gallon. jerk.

The money we save staying at CJ's we can buy you an assload of beer.

4 weeks of straight drunk, ask the wife for permission.

What do you tihnk about a St. John's trip billy?... I've wanted to do that for a long time... show me some new MC's, change my mind
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-01-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
The goal of the 4 week stay is never let your blood alcohol level get below .08. It is going to kick a$$. When Nick's in town it's a month long open invite to come out and ride and party at my place to whoever is around.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-01-2008, 11:15 AM Reply   
I ride better with a beer or two.... thats good.

Cj, did you say you guys go and ride in the bay sometimes or did I just imagine that?

I am going to try and sleep for like 5 weeks so when I wake up it will be about time for X-mas and Florida.... I'm pumped
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-01-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
John and a few others hit the bay area up. We can for sure hook that up when you are here. Tampa has a fun crew for sure.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-01-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
salt water + faceplant = something I don't want to experience!

(Message edited by otown_dave on November 01, 2008)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-01-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Nice.... gosh, I just need to quit school...

New topic -- Anyone have a business and be willing to hire 3/4 of an engineer -- I'm getting damn good with Solidworks too

(Message edited by sidekicknicholas on November 01, 2008)
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-03-2008, 5:34 AM Reply   
What kind of engineer Nick? You drive trains? honestly though we occassionaly have needs for Mechanical and Electrical Engineers. Let me know.
Went to the St Johns with Matt and his crew last Saturday - was a great time! Something about that river is just cool - prehistoric I guess. It would be a great place for a MC demo - in my humble opinion...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-03-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
Agreed, that would be the only way I would consider buying, a nice demo there.

I've seen photos and vids from the St. Johns and it looks soooo amazing, I really hope I can get there at some point, it just seems unbelievable

I am Manufacturing/Mechanical but when I finish I will be certified for electrical too... and if I get motivated I might get a plastics engineering degree too, depends on my money situation and how sick of school I get.

I would take a job in a second and finish school later, or part time school until I finish but I could never see anyone hiring without me having the degree first so oh well.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
I'll have my St. Johns vacation rental up and running soon for all of you that want to upgrade from the Jungle Den. It's just 10 blocks south and has great patio overlooking the river.Upload
Upload
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-03-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
that thing is bad-ass....like tree fort for grown ups
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-03-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
OHHHH Yeah!!Thats WAY better then the Jungle Den! Whats the net for?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-03-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Nick - if your staying in manufacturing and mechanical - take a look here in the future when you get your degree. Its Central Florida as Central Florida gets.
http://www.gtconveyor.com/
We do consider intern or part time deals on occassion too. Let me know if your interested.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-03-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
Nick - i live so close and still have never been to the St. Johns. if you plan a trip there while down here please shoot me a PM and I will load up the boat and be out.

Ted - When are we riding again. April keeps bugging me about coming up your way so we can ride the horses, so maybe we will make the trip up sometime soon.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-03-2008, 10:17 AM Reply   
Cant this weekend - Karen's headed to Lexington to buy more horses this weekend. Considering a dive trip to the Keys while she is gone though...
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-03-2008, 10:21 AM Reply   
That house is cool man I like the windows all along the back sure it makes for a cool view how many sq. ft.?
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-03-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
I have not finalized a price but it will probably run about $475 3-day weekend $750/week 2,500/month and $1200 for special weekends like Bike Week, Daytona etc.. Fully furnished 2 bed 2 bath. Beds for six. You can ski off the dock but the best water is 1/2 mile south past the Hwy 40 bridge.

The eagles view is great. Sitting on the patio is a great way to end the day. There is always a parade of boats heading from the springs to the launch ramp. Upload

(Message edited by srock on November 03, 2008)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-03-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
The intership/Co-op type thing sounds interesting... When do you usually hire for these

My school really pushes to take a semester or more of intern work... If you guys offered something I would be all over it.

If you want my number is 715-213-4240 I would love to talk about something, that is if something would be open
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-03-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
Tim I would be very interested in renting for a week or so this upcoming summer pm me your email so I can give you a shout when i get things worked out.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-04-2008, 4:23 AM Reply   
Nick - its typically project load related. We have a lot of bids out right now and if we get half of them awarded to us, we will be pretty busy. Ill talk to the Mech Engineering Director about it tomorrow.

Tim - if I still had my boat I would already have a weekend planned!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-04-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
Sweet deal.... you're the man.

it was like 73~ in Wisconsin yesterday setting records like its not a big deal, global warming may just keep me here
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Nick - Enjoy that 73 degrees because soon you will be spending your time indoors at the local tavern. As my father used to say, "When your out of Point Beer, your out of Stevens Point".
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
Ted, sounds like your stuck renting pontoons. A little tip, pay the extra fifty bucks for the damage waiver.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-04-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
I heard that tim....wisconsin is good at two things, beer and cheese.

I happen to love both... but point beer yikes, I gotta draw the line somewhere
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-04-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Tim - I can wait. Let me see what I can do about organizing a couple wakeboats for an epic St Johns weekend!
Pontoons are for doing rail slides - unless they have a water slide and kegerator.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-04-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Nick, make that three things. Add brats to your list. Boiled in beer and browned on the grill.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-05-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
looks like the trip has changed....

there was some miscommunication between Will and I, so I talked to CJ and was going there... things got cleared up with Will and to keep from screwing her over we will be going back living with her in Winter Haven.

We will be on the north end of the winter haven chain, i forgot the lake but its up close to Lake Alfred... oh and did I forget BRAND NEW X-STAR!

So between the ~26th dec. and 22nd Jan. get ready to ride!

Cj, we still owe you a pile of beer or something, you're the man
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2008, 8:36 AM Reply   
No worries man. Next time for sure!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-05-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
Yes sir... we'll still have to ride while we are down there...

and going to be flying down the 19th and staying to the 22nd this month, its wed-sat...

I'm going to try to get some riding in, I'll give you a call if we go out in WH...or something
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-05-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Sounds good, I just listed my guest room in the non-wakeboard section as I got to get someone in. So if things for some reason fall though in WH and my place is not rented you guys are more than welcome to use it.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-05-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
Damn! I'll be in Milwaukee from the 19th-22nd. Hit up this site when you're back in WH in Dec Nick.