Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 8:20 AM Reply   
Ok, I know this is possible, I did it on my last truck, but I can't seem to find the adapter. It's a little black box so you can have some RC outputs on a factory cd player.

Anyone know what this is called and where to find it?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
I am also going to be using a equalizer that I have laying around if that makes any difference.
Old     (formulad97)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
Any car stereo shop has them, or circuit city, there about 30 bucks

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=751&i=127OEM2&tp=678&avf=N
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
in the details it says
input power range: 2 to 60 watts RMS
Does this mean it will be impossible for my to hook up my 1000 watt amp to my factory cd player?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-19-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
Use the JL clean sweep, pricey but works great.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
does your eq not have RCA outs?

You need a single signal converter. And yes, you can hook your amp up. its the signal power range, not the outtput from your amp.

What DC linked will work, just kinda overkill.
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/SFV/30046/vpid/1547197/vpcsid/0/rid/123284
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
and what CD player was factory in your boat?!
How's the fuel delivery issue?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
oh, boat, naw. This is for my truck.

That's exactly what I was looking for by the way.

Got the boat fixed and running great. Got a little miss at 4500 rpm's, so i'm still going to rebuild the carb.

The problem was the fuel filter ordered a new one from skidim and problem fixed.

Now I just gotta figure out what keeps frying my alternator. Any ideas?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 12:07 PM Reply   
mas details.

"fried" how many times has this happened?
what electronics are in the boat? (none I can remember)
are they rewinding it? fuses popping?

(Message edited by denverd1 on June 19, 2008)
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Well, I have a cd player and about 1000 RMS watts of amps for the wetsounds.

I took it to get it fixed about 3 times, and he said it was something about the diode. Don't really remember. But everytime I got it fixed it happened again. I just got off the phone with the guy I bought it from and he's sending me another one at his cost. Whatever is happening, it's not popping the 100 amp fuse that I have on there. Don't know how that could happen though.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Oh, and I took it back the last time, and he said that he couldn't fix it this time. It was fried. <---- His words.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 1:11 PM Reply   
So how do like those speakers?

Sounds like you need higher output alt. They can wind it a bit tighter (more wire) to squeeze a little more juice out of it. Or you can start looking into other options, like a dedicated battery bank for your stereo. Basically, you need to match your alt's output to your stereo's demand. better yet, leave yourself some reserve output on the supply side of things in case you find yourself pushing the system hard one day.

Whats your current battery setup?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Well, it's a 100 amp alternator, I don't really see a need in getting a bigger one. So something else is causing it.

I have 2 batteries, one red top starting battery dedicated to the boat, and the other i dont remember if it's the blue or yellow, but it's dedicated to the stereo. They are both optima batteries. Then I have a perko switch.

I'm in between thinking that it's the stereo blowing the alternator or something else, cause when I bought the boat the alternator didn't work. So makes me believe that something else is blowing it. But i'm not sure of an easy way to check that.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
are you switching the perko with the boat running?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 1:21 PM Reply   
oh, and the speakers are insane!!! I'm not so sure what everyone else on the lake thinks about them though. HaHa. I'm the only boat on the lake with any kind of tower speakers.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Well, I had been before, but I was told that that could be a possibility to blow it, so I have stopped doing that. But the last time it blew I made sure that the perko was not switched unless the boat was off.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
not sure man. Fortunately, haven't had too many probs, so not sure what it could be. time for a new thread.

An a different note, when we ridin?
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Man, i'm so ready to ride. I always have to work though. And all my friends want me to go to the lake and ride tubes, I mean come on. But i still get a few sets in, so not too bad. But I can't ride this weekend, but hit me up one day after that.

Did I tell you I went the the INT comp in Austin? Got 1st in the intermediate class.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-19-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
uhh.... no, you failed to mention that! Nice work!