Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Paintguy181)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
I bought a Tige Pre 2150 that needs all new interior. I got all of it out except for the pieces in the bow that wrap around. Has anyone taken these out before. Thanks for any help.
Old     (wakemaker01)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-30-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Feel around the middle of the vinyl there are screws there. Should be a seem that you will have to seprate to find screw.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-30-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
You might get some answers over at Tigeowners.com
Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-30-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Feel behind the panels. I've heard of putting a vise grip on screws to back them out a bit so you can find them easier on the front side
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Depending on the year, it can be not too bad or a pain. Eventually the wrap around was installed using screws from the front between the vinyl cushions, but mine was a 1-piece held on by about 6 fasteners.

I redid a 97 PRE2002 and came to the conclusion the bow wrap around was installed by a 9 year old Chinese midget. I was just able to get mine installed and reinstalled by going behind the wrap around from both the bottom and the back of the seat. Once you get a nut off you basically pull the hell out of it to get enough room to work your arm forward enough to move to the next nut. You will be working blind the entire time. I called Tige' and talked to an old timer and he confirmed the pull the hell out of it technique. You will want to wear long sleeves. I pulled fiberglass splinters out of my arm for a week. Ratchet wrenches make the job a little easier. There was no way to fit a socket in there and an open end wrench was forever. Tige used 47" of threaded rod on them.