Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
Well, it has happend, I am on the injured list. And no, it didnt happend wakeboarding. However, I'd like your opinion.

I have a herniated disc. A large piece of my disc has broken off and has made it's way down to my sciatic nerve and spine, and is putting pressure on them, leaving me in severe pain most of the day. I obviously need some surgery to have it removed.

Do you know of any current riders with blown discs in there backs? Or am I done?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-18-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
Backs can be a mystery sometimes but you can recover 100% from a herniated disc. A friend of mine had surgery and was back to his usual activities within a few months.

Sorry to hear this Bennett. Get well soon .
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-18-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Thanks J-Rod. I hope to recover.
Old     (silverlude)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-18-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Bennett, I have had 4 heniated discs over 15yrs and in 00' crushed all nerves in left pelvis area.I still ride weekly, it all depends on just how severe and how u take care of yourself. Also the Vicodin and a few beers helps keep you loose. Hope it works out well,keep a good attitude as u will need it.Have alot of heart and desire not to give up on things u love and that helps.Stay positive as nest u can.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-18-2005, 12:37 PM Reply   
sorry about your injury. if you can't recover well it's time to trade in te wakeboard boat for one of these http://www.ultraboats.com/gallery/gallery_frame.php?boat=23deckand engage in the ancient sport of partying!

(Message edited by madchild1 on August 18, 2005)
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
rehab rehab rehab exercise exercise, my da herniated two disc and ruptured another while working for the Fire dept. He did alot of walking and low impact activitys and I would say he is about 95% but if he slacks off his exercising he feels it and this is 12 years later. If you have to have surgery have Micro because the problem with back surgery is the scar tissue.
Good luck,
Al
Old    wickedwake            08-18-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
I herniated 2 disks and fractured a vertabrae 5 years ago in football. I am not 100% but I opted to skip the surgery. I still have pain after strenuous activity but it hasnt bothered me too much this season. I know your pain... You cant walk, you can sit, you cant lay down...No way to get comfortable. I wish herniated disk on NO ONE! Good luck and God bless!
Old    stillstandin            08-18-2005, 5:52 PM Reply   
Just found out I have a pinched nerve coming from my c3 vertibrea in my neck. Causing my severe pain on the left side of my neck, and shoulder. Numbness and absolutly no strength in my left arm.. I havnt been able to ride in a month. Im currently in physical therapy. I told the therapist, Ive got about three weeks before the all guy end of summer Bullards Bar trip. It needs to be good to go by then.