Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       12-02-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
whats the difference between the cwb 08 zeus and answer bindings....they look exactly the same to me
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-02-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
the 08 Zeus is a higher boot and i also think that their is a s stiffing plate in it which makes it a stiffer boot.
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-02-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
stiffening***
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-02-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Jruss is right!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-02-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
Both are money! The Zeus is just going to wrap higher on your leg and give you a little extra support. The stiffener is on the tongue and is pretty burly, the Zeus is crazy. I'm going with Answers!
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-02-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
yeah i went with the slingshot boots...
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-02-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
Slingsot....Thats a thread killer!!
Old     (oaboards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-02-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
You know you secretly love it.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-03-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
I put a pair of the Zues' on and really liked them and I never wear closed toe. The bubble that comes up to support your arch once again is really innovative. It feels great on your foot. Has anyone ridden them for awhile now? It sems like the stiff Zues would rub on the uppper part of your leg. That is the only part of the boot I did not like.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-03-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
They really don't rub your leg at all. They are super comfy and they are not as stiff as you would think. The first few sets I thought that they were to stiff but after the 4th or so day out in them they broke in and are more flexible. I have had them out about 20 times and they have been holding up well. I took them to the ski ranch 1 time too and thought they were gonna be a pain with all the in and outs but they were not to much work, although I never wear my boots as tight there. I did break a lower lace and just rigged it with my own lace, thankfully I didn't loose the lace lock. When I called CWB to get another lace I mentioned to them that there is no way to replace the lace with another factory one yourself because the laces run through the lace loops and then are sewn into the pull tab. They laughed and said damn you are right, how could we have missed that. HA. So now they want me to send them in to see how they are holding up to some avarage shredding and they are going to send me a pair of answers so I can check them out and feel the difference. I think I will like the answers better because I will be able to still wear them tight and have the freedom to poke and tweak just like my old 07 zues. Anyway I think these are the most comfy closed toe or open toe for that matter that I have worn yet and I'm sure that the answer will be just as sweet.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       12-03-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
Rob thanks for the feedback. Do the answers have the same flaw?
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-03-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
pretty sure but I dont have them yet.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-04-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Yes, I have both the Zeus and the Answer in my shop and they look to be the same.