Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-05-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
I was out on the river today and I had some electrical issues. We were changing riders so I had the boat off but the radio was playing and when I went to start the boat everything went dead. No radio, no blower, no electrical power at all. I have a dual battery setup with a perko switch so I tried both batteries and still nothing. I ended up just trying all the different positions on the perko switch for about 5 minutes and finally the electricalpower came back so I was able to start the boat and get us back to the dock. Does anyone have an idea of what could be going on? Couldthe perko switch be bad?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       09-05-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
That doesn't sound like the Perko. That sounds like a circuit breaker. How is the Perko wired? Normally the radio and accessories would be a completely different circuit from the engine and one would keep working when the other dies.
Could you have loose grounds from the batteries?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-05-2009, 7:18 PM Reply   
I've had that happen before, and it was a loose terminal on the battery.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-06-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Did you main breaker on the engine pop? I only ask is because I have had this happen as well. Boat dead in the water for like 15 minutes while I had to wait for the breaker to cool back down even though it had already been reset.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-06-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
I dont think the main breaker on the engine tripped because I didnt reset it and everything started working on its own again after a few minute. The battery terminals didnt really feel loose to the touch but I think they could have been a little tighter so maybe that is the problem. The weird thing is that I cant reproduce the problem.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
+1 for loose battery cable. I agree it isn't likely a breaker if you didn't reset a breaker to resolve it.