Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-25-2010, 12:12 PM Reply   
Im looking for a device (As inexpensive as possible) that I can use for when a customer comes into a store they can input their info (Name Email Mobile ) into the device and at the end up the week I can load it to my pc and upload the info ?

I know there are merchant services that do this but i am not looking for that. I know there has got to be a small electronic device that can do this simple act. HELP
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-25-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-25-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
Hmmmm nice but thats how we do it now and at the end of the week when inputting all the info it takes time and patience since most peoples writing is very hard to read..
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-25-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Does an iPod touch have a contact list like the iPhone? That might be a good way to do it and would even sync with a google account.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-27-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Google Docs allows anyone to put together a questionnaire front end to a excel spreadsheet with ease. Any device that can go on the web can click a link that takes them to the questionaire. When the person fills out the questions (text, yes/no, multiple choice) and the responses go into the spreadsheet.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-27-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
I put this together in 10 minutes as an example...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/view...Z2RnTXlPV1E6MQ

The answers appear in a spreadsheet that only you and select others have access.

Last edited by diamonddad; 11-27-2010 at 3:14 PM. Reason: x
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       11-27-2010, 3:27 PM Reply   
Dane

You should have warned me about the content first, I spit out my Rock Star all over my keyboard. That was some funny stuff. Thanks for the info
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       11-28-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
You could use a laptop, iphone, ipad etc. and create a simple online form using a site like wufoo.com or survey monkey. I have had the associates on my team create more complex data collection processes using wufoo.com and it works pretty well. You can easily export the data. Just make sure you have something on the form that tells the customer what you are going to use the info for. If you want to create a marketing database and email out to your customers, you may want to look at companies like constant contact and vertical response (small business email marketing companies).
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
so i use to use ConstantContact.com. What you can do is create a simple excel spreadsheet one row for there name another for email phone number etc. Then you can easily import the names and contact info into the program. then you can send news letters etc. Works great.