Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-10-2010, 3:49 PM Reply   
I'm coming out of a 09 Hyperlite Murray, continuous rocker, nice carving board, decent pop, very easy to get speed into the wake. I've tried the new Murray shape and the 2010 model is much different since they changed to a subtle 3-stage. I struggle to get speed into the wake on this board, I'm cutting out twice as wide as I needed to with the 09 model, and for some reason I'm getting a splash of water right in the face on every jump. Anyway, I don't like it. Further the 2010 boards/boots hyperlite makes now do not allow you to use the widest stance setting. Whatsup with that? Why didn't they accommodate this with the redesigned binding plates and boards?

So I am looking for some insight on the CWB Marius as its also a continuous, wide board, and Ive heard lots of good things about their bindings. I dig the heal locking features, but Ive never ridden any CWB board or bindings, and neither of my local shops have this board to demo. So thinking about ordering online and have some questions...

1 - Why does CWB boards have only 3 binding mounting inserts on the tip and tail, while the inner inserts are 4 holes. Seems like this may limit adjustment.

2 - How wide can you push the bindings on CWB boards? Would it be comparable to the widest setting on an 09 Hyperlite setup?

3 - How does this board release off the wake? Is it predictable, poppy? I'm looking for floaty, arcing pop, not so much aggressive. Guess thats why I prefer a continuous.

4 - CWB bindings are sized, S,M,L etc and the Medium is 8-9, Large is 10-11. I'm a 9.5-10 depending on the shoe/boot. I typically go with the 10 as my foot is kinda wide. Whats the recommendation for me, the Large?

Thanks for the help.
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-10-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
I have the marius bindings and love them. I would not go back to any other bindings after using the locking feture. You can feel it just lock your heel into place and no heel lift. I have narrow feet and wear shoe size around 11 to 12 and I got the large. They me perfect.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-12-2010, 5:30 AM Reply   
MJ -
I used to ride the Marius and absolutely loved it. The reason they only have 3 inserts on the ends of the boards is because with the new narrower binding plates, riding all the way out, you are using the outermost insert of both the 3 and 4 (inserts on both sides of your foot) If you strap an older boot to them, then you won't have the same adjustability, but nothing I would worry about if you're looking at new boots.
As for boot size. I have a sixe 9.5-10 foot and always rocked mediums. Worked perfectly.
Good luck - Bomber product and awesome customer support - you can't go wrong
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-12-2010, 5:32 AM Reply   
OH - and one last thing. If you end up on the marius - take the fin off. Speeds up the ride considerably. Will be a bit lose for a while till you get used to it, but you'll be in love.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-12-2010, 6:18 AM Reply   
mj i have two cwb marius boards both with answer bindings. i had a transcend, but the marius is much faster to the wake so you don't have to cut as hard.it's great for surface 360's . it has tons of pop and does nice floaty jumps and high arc inverts. i think i have my wife talked into getting the 134 as she says my 140 is to big for her.i love the cwb answer bindings i wear the medium 8-10 . i normally wear a 9 shoe and i have a E width so it works out perfect.i would say get a binding that fits 1 size bigger than you wear if your feet are wide like mine. i'm only 5'6" i ride 1 hole in from widest but most guys my size say that is wider than they ride. it's all a preference, but i would say the widest stancne should be fine if you get the 140 marius it has the white top with blue accent and a very colorful bottom.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-12-2010, 8:07 PM Reply   
the marius is a super poppy board anyone i kno who rides or has riden it love it.
i personaly bounce between the absolute and the sol. as for bindings i wear a size 10 shoe normally and hav a pretty wide foot but i wear M answers coz its a nice snug fit.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-13-2010, 1:24 AM Reply   
I've always found CWB binding to size a bit small, for a 9.5 - 10 I'd go for the large bindings.
Their bindings do seem to hold up better than most, my 08 Zeus still look like new!