Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-18-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
We’re going to have a wakesurf gathering in Columbus July 28th at the Scioto Boat Club. We’ll start off the day wakesurfing and end up grilling in the evening. I’ll have the Mighty Centurion set up for surf, my quiver of boards, and a demo Cyber Shapes board. Drop me a line if you’re interested in surfing with us.

Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-19-2007, 7:03 PM Reply   
Dang, I forgot to include a directions to the Scioto Surf and Turf. This should help.

Upload
Old    surfdad            07-19-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Hey! That's the route we took when visiting the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Amish country, Longanberger Baskets and a White Castle Burgers place...or is that just what I saw after ordering the 20 burgers from White Castle? :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-19-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
It's the journey that's important isn't it. If Jeff can make it there using this map I’m expecting that anyone can do the same:-)

I had a White Castle hamburger once, or at least part of one. When you order them with fries they call them sliders and nails. I think it’s an acquired taste that I never got over. So did you try the Cincinnati style chili?

I'd rather have a Wendy's burger any time. Funny thing, years ago. We we're boating on Buckeye Lake. I passed one of the islands, one with a single house and a boat house full of about six classic wooden boats. There was an older gentlemen sitting on a bench on the island. Afterward some one told me that Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy’s owned one of those islands. Given that fact I'm sure that was Dave Thomas I saw.

I’m sure that out west you see many more celebrities, Dave Thomas is highly respected here and his headquarters are located in Columbus. I drive by the headquarters every time I head back from the lake.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
We'll be there Ed. I bring my new boards and some meat. If you need another boat I'll bring it too. See ya there buddy.
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-20-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
Hey Corey,

What new boards do you have?
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-21-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
What's up Roy and Family?
I've got a New Wave Vehicles 4'6" Batwing that I've having a ton of fun on. I also ordered a Walzer Alpha 1" carbon fiber and a Walker composite 4.5 that will be here monday. Matt at Lake Effect Supply hooked me up. See ya at Surf and Turf.
Old    surfdad            07-21-2007, 5:38 AM Reply   
Not to hijack the thread, although I am :-) I've heard good things about Lake Effect Supply. Where are they located?

http://www.lakeeffectsupply.com
Old     (norris_laker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-21-2007, 7:15 AM Reply   
Corey, pretty soon you will have a bigger quiver of boards than Ed. Is the Walker for Noelle? We won't make it to the Surf/Turf but we will be back in August during the weekdays. Hopefully we can hook up. We'll bring the Shred Stix with us. Love the JaMako board.
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
What's up Jeff? Lake Effect is in Wisconsin somewhere, eh. Cool guys up there.

What's up Roy? Actually the Walzer is for Noelle, but that's kind of like buying a powertool for your wife if you know what I mean.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-22-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
We rode Jon's long board today. Jon will be out at the Surf and Turf. Anyone else want to try riding a long board?

http://www.wakesurf.net/media/showphoto.php/photo/271
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-23-2007, 6:53 AM Reply   
Hey Ed, looks like you guys had a good time on sunday. Glad to see you're surfing again. Noelle and I would love to ride the longboard. Seeing you and the Walkers was real cool. See ya saturday.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-29-2007, 4:33 AM Reply   
We took video and some pictures. Looks like I a lot of pictures of Darcy and none of Wade. What would you guys have done take pictures of Darcy or some bald guy?

Might be a while before I do anything with the video. Here are some pictures from the Scioto Surf and Turf

Darcy's first time ever surfing
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Darcy, wave to the folks at WWOline!!
Upload
Hang loose
Upload

See what I mean about the bald guy?
Upload

Jon brought his long board again, that's too cool.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
On the first invitation to ride the long board Noelle declined, but after Dean and Corey rode she went out. Does it look like she had a good time?
Upload

Upload

Jon working his way up to the nose
Upload
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-29-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
The ride is never long enough, is it? What a day...we sessioned eight hours straight. We had a blast on the long board. And, as always, enjoyed meeting new surfers. My 63 year old Dad from Vegas rode the wave body board style and almost barrel rolled! The kids were peeling with laughter! Great to meet Dean; one more for the GOOFY TEAM. He threw me the rope until I completed my 'three' rotation, Thanks Dean! Now I just have to ride away! See ya at Nationals and thanks again, Ed!

Hang Five,
Noelle
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-29-2007, 6:48 PM Reply   
Here's a little Surf and Turf Video.

http://www.wakeboardmidwest.com/ForumsThreadDefault.aspx?itemid=4537