Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (country_bred_country_fed)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
Just priced a 2007 ENZO 240, and from the pictures I have seen it seems to be the best Wakesurfing Boat out there! Is this true??? I want the best wake possible for my surfing addiction...

Also please advise on Shred Stixx boards, What is the difference between the Ja Mako and Chase's signature board? I would like to own one or both soon!

Best Regards,

Jon
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-06-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
The Enzo with a switchblade produces a very nice wake maybe the best around. The only problem I find is that they are very one sided. The regular rotation prop will be difficult to get a good wake on the starboard side( goofy, darkside). If you only ride one side I don't think you can go wrong with the Enzo. Plus they are a great supporter of wakesurfing.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       08-06-2007, 11:44 PM Reply   
Check into the switch blade it is a pricy option and i've heard that some dont like it at all. Maybe contact the inland surfer guys they both have 24' enzo's.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-07-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
get a older nautie if you do alot of riding on the starboard...
Old    mobster            08-07-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
Contact Mike @ www.wakesurfmag.com he has his 24 enzo for sale with all the goods the best enzo out there IMO
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-07-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
but honey, i saved $21,000!!!
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-07-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
I own a 23footer and I have the blade. From my experience the blade is not needed to make a killer wake for surfing. On the other hand, if you still do some wakeboarding, the blade shapes the wake so sweet! You can not duplicate it with weight alone.
Old     (longgonebon)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-07-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
X-45 also makes a killer surf wake. I haven't ridden behind an Enzo... but the X-45 was insane.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-07-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
i dont like the x45 surfwake. you need a ton of weight to make that wake do anything
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-07-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
How much weight are you talking? The X45 will produce a surfable wake with stock ballast and gets better from there. Like other boats the more weight you add, the bigger the wake gets. True, the x45 will handle more weight (18 passengers). However, you don't "need a ton to make the wake do anything."
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-07-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
I think that the Calabria Pro-V can match the wake of the Enzo.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       08-07-2007, 9:21 PM Reply   
Hey Tom,
I would love to see that. The enzo wake last weekend at the INT contest was pretty impressive.
Old    mobster            08-07-2007, 10:38 PM Reply   
We have surfed behind both the Pro-V & the 23'& 24' Enzo The 24 Enzo has the biggest wave so far it holds more ballast with the enzo sac for the regular wave side, its all about the weight as for the next big wave producing boat it might be out there already with the correct ballast & trim .The best part about your boat is it's you own local wave so keep testing & progressing
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-08-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
I likey the 45 ;-)
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-08-2007, 11:43 AM Reply   
I'm partial to the Malibu 247 surf wake myself.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-09-2007, 6:10 AM Reply   
if you need a big boat... the x-45 is wwwwaaayyy cool.. mastercraft has done a really nice job with their boats... they do need alot of weight(even the little x-2) but the wakes are first class...

btw, they have the best storage going.. the majority of it is sub floor so the extra ballast is out of the way... very, very nice...
Old     (trx1noob)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-12-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
I have the sv230 and ditched the switchblade(don't have a wakeplate either) and have an insane wake. I think you'll get an insane wake out of alot of the boats out there.
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
yea i would check out mike's boat from wakesurf magazine. lets just say its perfect. thats the boat i always ride behind. and its got all kinds of goodies. the cool thing with the enzo is you can go fast and still have a big wave that has plenty of power. and going fast = going huge. also differance between jamako and chases board are the nose is pulled in more on chases, and its a diamond nose, i believe they added the amount pulled out of the nose to the tail. all i can say is that board rips. super fast super popy, iv seen him do some amaizing stuff on that thing. high performance minded
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-13-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
JR; I surfed the Enzo as well last week.
I have a Tige' 24V with a custom Enzo sack installed. I think it rivals ANY wake out there. The wake is about hip high, and verrrry long. Plenty of room in the boat for about 10 of your best friends, and great finish work. J.M.O.
Old     (txrider)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-13-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Epic Wake boats have the best surf wake
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-13-2007, 12:43 PM Reply   
Jon - The best boat for you depends on what type of riding you are looking to do (surf vs. skim), as well as whether you prefer to ride goofy or regular.

Some boats put out a great wake on the port side and others on the starboard side. The Enzo puts a great port side (what many refer to as the regular side) wake.

This weekend I surfed on an X-45 in a contest and I have to say the regular side was much better than the starboard side. Very big, but also had to ride about about 12+ to keep the wake shaped. We had two boats - one set up goofy and one regular with 4 FlyHigh 750s in the back surfside corner of each boat. Cleaner lip and definitely more energy for the regular footed gang. The goofy side was kind of washy and there was a "step" in the wake where the swim platform dug into the wake.

In contrast, my Malibu is partial to the goofy side.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
smedman -

There are some variables you need to consider with that X45. I was fortunate enough to ride on an X45 this weekend as well.

#1) With certainty the boat was sac'd wrong, real wrong.

#2) The lake went from 8-6 feet and was driven in different patterns.

If that was my only time with an X45, I could not recommend it to anyone for a wakesurf boat at all. I think we all looked at the wash, the size, or lack thereof, and felt the same way.

I'd get out there and ride the following:

Centurions, Wakecraft, Malibu, but I an biased and with Melanie, the 247 is extremely difficult to beat.
Old     (happygolly)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2007, 1:34 PM Reply   
I own a Supra 24ssv, and the wake on either side is huge...every new boat is going to work great. I suggest you get a boat you like with all the bells and whistles you can afford, and most of all, buy from a strong dealership that will support you before, during, and after the sale.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-13-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Loc

Good points. It was a strange wake that day...

Remind me what speed you guys are riding on the 247. Can't remember what you said...

ALSO, CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN!!! I wish we had some video to post as your riding was a blast to watch with your hilarious antics paired with some sick riding! Probably the most fun anyone's had winning a wakesurf contest!

(Message edited by smedman on August 13, 2007)
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
10.4 port, 10.8 star

Thanks smedman, good times - get back up to DFW so we can ride some more.
Old     (country_bred_country_fed)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
I am ready to seal the deal!!! Is the Enzo 240 the best wake surf boat or not? I ride regular and I am sure the goofy wake is adequate! Don't really care but my brother probably would but who cares he lives minutes from Discovery Bay in No Cal... Look him up if you need a third Lou rips on a long board! and is probably someone you would want on your crew! He tows gliders out there somewhere near sac town and would love to surf when he is not flying!!! I think his E-mail is LOUTRIUMPH@yahoo.com---

phone 707.529.5925

best regards,

Jr
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-14-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
I think you owe it to yourself to try the Enzo, the Malibu Wakesetter, the Tige, Nautique, and Mastercraft. Tell the various sales reps that you want to surf, and that you want to set the boat up with ballast during your demo to see the wake. Then take your board, your wife and kids (if you have them) and try the boat (and surf behind it). That’s really the best way to make a decision.

You’re very lucky in that you’re looking to buy a boat in the summer – so it’s warm enough to demo the different boats. When I was shopping for boats it was during the winter, and it was much harder to demo the boats (the rain ruined many a scheduled demo for me).

Anyway, I made my own set of tradeoffs after trying the Tige (I forget which model), Mastercraft X2, Nautique SV211, and the Malibu Wakesetter VLX, and ended up with the Wakesetter VLX. I needed a boat under 22 ft, so the 24 ft Enzo was out of the question.

Having said that, a friend of mine who has surfed behind a 24 ft Enzo with the 1,400 pound fat sac said that the wake behind my 21.5 foot VLX was as good as the Enzo. I have my VLX pretty weighted down, but it has a great wake.

Good luck in your shopping – and go try the different boats out!

Thanks.
Don
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-15-2007, 12:48 AM Reply   
DonnieB- What's the setup in the VLX??? Still playin around with our port side, but can't seem to get as nice a wake as starb.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
Tyler -

Here's a sac'd VLX, show the crowd your skags.
Old     (mibu)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-15-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
Hey loc, do you have the wedge down or up?Are you able to fill the rear sac completely, due to the locker not as long as the sac.

(Message edited by mibu on August 15, 2007)
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-15-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
The LSV 23 or the 247 throw a killer wake.
Upload
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
John - Wedge down, if it's power, two clicks up.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-15-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
inland 24 EnzoUpload
Old     (donnieb)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-15-2007, 11:21 PM Reply   
Hey Tyler. I generally get the group to surf the port side (my wife has actually converted from goofy foot to regular foot so it makes it easy for all of us to surf without changing the boat around). This is how I set it up.

• Fill the stock MLS ballast [the port rear tank (250 lbs), middle tank (350 lbs), and bow ballast (350 lbs?) – leave the starboard rear tank empty]
• Add a 400 tube fat sac and 280 lbs of lead under the port side seats. I ended up getting some little canvas tool bags from Home Depot and filling them up with lead I got for free from the local tire shop. Each bag is roughly 40 pounds so it makes it easy to move the bags around to tweak the wave. I keep the 400 lb tube fat sac filled all the time, and when we’re not surfing I merely offset that by moving the lead to the other side.
• A 400 fat sac on top of the side passenger seat
• A 750 lb fat sac in the rear port compartment
• 40 lbs of lead in the bow on the side
• Power wedge at around 10:30

Again, it’s not an Enzo, but it’s only 21.5 ft so I can get it into the slip I’m renting and the boat (and the wave) is plenty big for us.

BTW, I demoed the IS Yellow Loogey over the weekend (thanks Lance & Jeff), and the VLX wave has plenty of power to have a blast with that board. I ended up buying a Loogey today to augment the IS Blue Lake (which is a great board for all the riders on the boat).

Send me a PM and I’ll forward you some pics.

Thanks.
Don
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-16-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
Jeff P.

That's too cool, the Enzo graphic on your web site is Black and White with the big IS logo on the side, just like your boat.
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-16-2007, 6:26 AM Reply   
Hey Donnie
Nice job on converting the wife to regular. Does she ride backside or switch?
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-18-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
i think the air nautique 220 is a real sleeper. That things wake when its weighted is insane and i cant get my wakesetter vlx near as good as it and i know how to weight my boat. Its a really nice steep clean wake and you do not have to do circles to get rid of the white wash.