Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-17-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden the Ronix Time Bomb? What are your thoughts, specifically compared to the 2011 One board? It sounds like the made it a little looser than last year's One.

I don't think it has been out that long but I know a lot of the 2012 Ronix boards started coming out late last summer. Anyone know if they will be rolling out 2013 boards around the same time this year?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-18-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Does anyone at least have this board yet?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-18-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
I'm forcing my wife to hook me up for my birthday. I'm actually picking it up from the shop where I bought my boat in about 2 weeks.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       02-18-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Not too many people have them in stock due to the limited run of them, I think the next delivery for most of the orders in March.
however, I have ridden the 2012 One board, (same shape w/out the advanced core) and spent a lot of time on the 2011 shape. The biggest differences is that the new shape is a little looser, and much faster. The board has a little less rocker to increase the speed, but still pops really well. overall I was really happy with the new shape and I have heard nothing but good things about it.

Last edited by gotwake133; 02-18-2012 at 6:18 PM.
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
Yeah, I got one a couple of weeks ago. It's really loose (compared to my '03 Premier) which forces you into a strong edge so when you hit the wake you are on a strong edge and get great pop. You can really land sketchy and not die because it is so forgiving. The full settup is 5 lbs lighter than my old ride. Our weather has been bad so I've only gotten to ride it twice, so I'm still getting used to it. It is incredibly faster than my old board. I was just going to get a Modello, but I ran straight into this one at my proshop before they even got it out of the wraps and just bought it on the spot. I'm really glad I managed to get one.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-22-2012, 10:11 PM Reply   
I picked up a new Ronix One Time Bomb today at M2 Sports in Houston. Can't wait to get it out on the water!

Hopefully they will get the boots in soon. I think they're pretty sweet.

Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-22-2012, 11:53 PM Reply   
although i disagree with the idea of multiple cores, I gotta give it to ronix on the graphic here. Nice lookin' deck,
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-31-2012, 6:43 PM Reply   
Broke mine in today. Man it is everything that my last board ('10 One) isn't. It is way looser and much faster. I was able to ride away from some sketchy landings that would have ended with my head slamming the water on my old setup. The new One (Defy) bindings have much more padding in the lining compared to my 2010's. It is a great setup. I am glad I dropped the coin on it. Not mention that it looks super cool. That's just a bonus.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-31-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
so jelly lol so if i want a one, but have no money should i buy an '11 this year or wait a year to get the new shape at a year old price?
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-31-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
Just how loose is the new One? I'm coming from a Watson Hybrid and was hoping for a little more grip. Will the new one be looser then a Watson Hybrid?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-01-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Just how loose is the new One? I'm coming from a Watson Hybrid and was hoping for a little more grip. Will the new one be looser then a Watson Hybrid?
The Watson Hybrid is a loose board compared to most.I haven't ridden a One,so i can't compare the two.I ride a CWB Marius and it's more locked in than the hybrid,but it's slower to the wake also.I use the Watson Hybrid for Cable.The speed helps a lot on most cable systems.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-01-2012, 4:11 AM Reply   
I can't compare it to the Watson. I have never been on one. I can tell you that surface slides and lip tricks are effortless on the Timebomb. Almost to the point of just thinking about kicking the board out and you are sideways. Release from the wake is much better with the new shape too. All round a much better board than in previous models.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-03-2012, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
I can't compare it to the Watson. I have never been on one. I can tell you that surface slides and lip tricks are effortless on the Timebomb. Almost to the point of just thinking about kicking the board out and you are sideways. Release from the wake is much better with the new shape too. All round a much better board than in previous models.
I absolutely agree. I've been out on it twice now (although I tweaked my ankle half way through the day this past weekend and only surfed afterwards). This board is night and day better than my '11 One board that I still have for everyone to ride. It's loose when you want it to be loose but can get on edge and lock in quickly.

I'm a pretty novice rider and have been riding for less than a year but I can tell you that if I had this board last year I would have progressed much farther than I have. It's so much better that I actually feel bad having my old One board as a community board.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-03-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
I know what you mean. My '10 One is now the community stick. If they community doesn't like it then the community can buy their own board lol!