Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Deeznutz)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-03-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of possibly buying one because it's about $16,000 and seems to have alot of options on it. Are the boats good quality or a POS?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
I had a 2000 Mobius V. I really liked it for what it was. It has a great setup to add lots of hidden ballast. You can do a 1100# sack in the playpen and dual 600's or maybe bigger in the rear compartments. I am not going to lie and say it was the best built boat but I liked it a lot. They are very simple with very little to go wrong and if stuff does go wrong it is cheap. The biggest downfalls are the cheap carpet, not much padding on the cushions and the stitiching on the seats seem to be a problem spot. The tower is very solid and the wake is very, very respectable. It is very clean and solid. That is a good price as well. The only Vdrive you are going to find for that price that throws a better wake is an older supersport but the moomba has more room inside. Just be diligent and look for signs of abuse and have the engine/transmission checked. You have any pictures of the boat? What options does it have?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-03-2011, 12:20 PM Reply   
I found the ad for the boat. That is good hours, it has FI, bimini, tandem trailer, big stereo and is the black. Mine was the same color with the graphics removed. It has some irredescent flake in the black and looked absolutely awesome on teh water.

A couple pics of mine.

Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-03-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
You aren't going to find many v-drives that new for that price. As long as it isn't a beat up POS that sounds like it would be a reasonable price.