Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old    murrayair            03-15-2009, 1:39 AM Reply   
So I was wondering around the boat show today in Sacramento with a friend and we walked past this guy looking bored as hell (can't blame him, the show sucked this year) sitting all alone. I was just thinking to myself that the guy looked a lot like the Vandal, when I noticed the tats on his arms. Turns out it actually was him. I was really excited because Randy has been one of my favorite riders for many years. I went over and talked with him for a while and he was really cool. I was a little too star-struck to say much, but it was nice to let him know how much I like his riding and the influence he's had on me. It definitely made my week. Thanks Randy!
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-15-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
I don't think he likes to be called Randy...When I met him he was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I too met him when he was sitting alone at the PWT tour in FW Texas last year. I walked up and talked to him like he was just another guy. He didn't have any kind of arrogance or cockiness about him. Super down to earth and way nice.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-15-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
I had the same experience when I met him at the Acworth PWT stop. He is stoked about the sport and excited to meet and talk with anybody who shares that same stoke.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-16-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Same when I FIANLLY got to meet him a few years back, I was nervous as hell... cool thing about it now when I see him (like once a year) HE comes up to ME & chats.... Ricky G is the same way.. super nice guy...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-16-2009, 1:51 PM Reply   
Yea he pretty down to earth, I met him at the Tige' pro am in P-town last year. Hung out with him for awhile at the club Sat. night. When I saw him Sun. he came over to me and talked for a bit then gave my wife and I a hug. Wow he's cool. And Ricky G. is just straight up gangster, man I met him about 6 years ago and everytime I see him he comes up and says hi. WSR rocks! West coast is where its at!
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-16-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
If I had a wake brand, etc... Randy Harris & Ricky G would be at the top of my list to sponsor because of their demeanor and of course riding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-16-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
super nice guy. We spoke with him for a while too.

On another note...I actually thought the boat show in Sac rocked. I was working the Norcal Mastercraft booth and it was poppin. We had a staff of about 10-12 people and we were all slammed for hours. It was rad.

Nice to hang out with everyone again.
Old    murrayair            03-16-2009, 11:51 PM Reply   
I thought last year's show was a lot better. Although it was really cool to talk with the CIE guys about the upcoming Spring Ride. I'm definitely looking forward to going this year!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-17-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
I've known RANDY since he was a 15 year old kid from Huntington Beach, and his family took up waterskiing as a family sport... Randy took off wakeboarding from there. He is an amazing rider and has a great story to tell. (I call him Randy, because I am a lot older and he is still like a kid to me) I am impressed with all his achievements and conquests. Aloha from HB.
Old    swass            03-17-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
I'm confused. Is "straight up gangster" a good thing????

"Bad" is good, "sick" is apparently a good thing, "hella" can go either way from what I gather, and now this.

I was just getting used to "off the chain"!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-17-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
you are so in the 80s, swass.
Old    swass            03-17-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Not even the late 80s.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-17-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
When did smooth water turn from "glass" to "flat" or is that just an Aussie thing?!
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-17-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
I thought glass was for waterskiers and butter was for wakeboarders??
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-17-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
I've always thought butter was stupid, but I guess I am just old school. Lately though I keep hearing "flat".