Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       05-02-2006, 4:31 AM Reply   
Hi All

I've done a fair bit of research and decided to buy a Phase 5 board. I'm keen to hear from anyone that can vouch for the difference between the Phase 5 Oogle and Prop.

I'm close to the maximum weight recommendations for the Prop and struggling to decide between the two. Normally not an issue if you can "try" them out from the shop but as I live in Australia I will be importing on a non-refundable basis.

If it helps, I ride behind a SAN 210. Level = Intermediate. I'm keen to get a board that is pretty easy to free-ride without throwing too much weight in the SAN.

I'm leaning towards the Oogle but any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-04-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
I ride the Phase Five Prop and love it. I haven't ridden the Oogle though. I have heard that the Oogle just feels a little bigger than the Prop. I have to work a little harder to ride my Prop than my 5'6" Landlock but the Prop is a lot more fun to ride. Since you are pushing the weight limit on the Prop the Oogle might be just right for you. The Prop feels very loose and wants to spin.
Good luck,
Sue
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-18-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Well I'm glad i saw this one. I'm the Phase 5 rep in the Midwest Unites States. I have all 3 pahse 5s and have ridden all of the. I weigh 195 pounds at most of a bad day and on a big enough wake i can ride the Icon board.

My advice would be to go with the Oogle if you are at an intermediate level. Just for the fact that it is a lot more forgiving and you can move around a little more on the Oogle.

You can ride it on a smaller wake, but can still ride on a huge wake. you can do all the advanced riding on the Oogle also.

So you'll love the board once you get on it.

Any questions let me know.

Later
Holmes

Old     (daltonhouse)      Join Date: May 2006       05-19-2006, 3:55 AM Reply   
Cheers Holmes. An Oogle it is then. It's winter over here in Australia so I have a month until I need to order it in time for our spring/summer.

Not sure where I will order it from yet, do you guys ship international ? If not, I will just hunt around for a few prices on the web.

Thanks for the info.....

Charlie.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-19-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
i ride the prop but im a little guy, i'm 5'9" 125lbs, i love the board, it's so fast and reacts awesome! i can't wait to take the fin off and take it to the ocean :-)
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-25-2006, 11:32 PM Reply   
Charlie I'll do some checking next week, I'll see if there is a Shop/Distributor over in Australia.

What area are you in?

The should be able to ship it international. Hit me up with an Email address.

Later
Holmes