Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    kx250frider617            09-21-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
I ride in salt water 98% of the time and the two boats we use have really gone down the drain. Now these are salt series boat and we don't neglect them by any means. Im just surprised on how well we wash everything that they still rust up. I can't even count how many alternators i've gone through, gas shocks, steering cables, all that kind of stuff.

Now I'm in the market for a new(er) boat and i am by no means, RICH. I love the axis boats but all the used ones are never salt series. The nautiques/ master crafts are way to much money, people trying to pay off the boat loans. Basically, which newer boat 05-12 are the most salt resistant.

I have found that all carpet floors like malice's are a big no no. The carpet turns to crap easily. I've also noticed that the back hatch designs have a huge effect on the corrosion of the engine. Our 2001 tige is the worst, if you stand on the rear hatches after riding, all the water flows straight onto the hatch then down the creases straight onto the belt and alternator. By far the worst design. I have replaced 3 alternators in one year. I got pissed last replacement and now I spray wd-40 all over the ALT after each use.

Let's just say, I would be embarrassed to post pics of the engines condition even though I've tried my best to keep it nice.