Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    norcal_99            10-05-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
Hey Florida,

I'm heading to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area, this Friday Oct 10th, and I'll be there until the 16th. I have to work on Sunday afternoon, but after that my schedule is basically open until I fly back home. So if anyone in the area needs a third, or even wants to grab a beer or two let me know.

Send me an email at ReneRioux@yahoo.com or call me on my cell at (408) 250-3319.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-06-2003, 5:52 PM Reply   
You can always catch a pull at the cable park in Deerfield (approx. 20min away from Ft Lauderdale)its called Ski Rixen. Check it out at www.skirixen.com
Old    norcal_99            10-06-2003, 10:52 PM Reply   
I'm planning on going there a few days. Maybe I'll even head up to the OWC for a day.

The URL you posted was a a little off. Here's the correct URL http://www.skirixenusa.com/
Old    leslisa            10-07-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
Have fun!! I live in Florida and I love, love, love it.

Lisa
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-07-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
sorry bout that Rene... Lisa I'm glad to hear that! I'm dying to move down there, hopefully for next semester, one question though, do the bugs ever get to you?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-07-2003, 8:36 AM Reply   
i think the bugs here are a lot less aggressive than the summertime bugs in the midwest.

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
when we were down there, we went gator hunting at night at bogey flats. 15 of us went in the same boat, what a blast, well worth the $$ check it out if you can!
bogey creek crew
Then they rode the cable parks the next day and got a photo op with JD
Eddie and Ryan with JD
and then after that they went surfing at Cocoa Beach, what a blast that was! It was so weird seeing the sun set off the shore and not over the ocean,another great perk, the ocean water was soo warm compared to the pacific
eddie, ryan and AJ
Old    leslisa            10-07-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Funny, the bugs haven't been that bad this year. The no seeums are horrible sometimes near the water, but we wear bug spray and that works. The mosquitoes primarily come out at night so once the sun goes down the kids either stay in the pool or come in the house.
Old    norcal_99            10-07-2003, 10:53 AM Reply   
Lisa, What is a no seeums?
Old    leslisa            10-07-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
No seeums are these microscopic flying bugs. When they bite they leave a welt as big, or bigger than, a mosquito. When we camped on the river in May I made sure I wore long pants and shirt at night around the fire so I didn't have to put bug spray on after I showered and they still bit the heck out of me. I definately wore bug spray the next night.
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       10-07-2003, 1:15 PM Reply   
Team Valdez has the coolest manager ever! ;->
Did ya get a gator??
If you make it up toward Orlando Rene you could find a pull...I'll be riding this Monday and always on the weekends.
Old    leslisa            10-07-2003, 1:43 PM Reply   
Bess, where will you be attending school? I go to UCF.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-07-2003, 2:32 PM Reply   
Thanks wakeguru, too funny!!!}
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-08-2003, 8:57 PM Reply   
Lisa have you ever used "skin so soft" from avon for the bugs, it works and it doesnt have the crap in it that bug block does??
Old    thinair            10-09-2003, 6:37 PM Reply   
My boat is on the fritz right now. I think the Malibu guy down here is going to have a new wakesetter down at crystal lake(in Pompano I think) giving pulls. He is also gonna have it on lake osborne(30 minutes north of lauderdale) a couple days this week, I can't remember what days exactly but I will try to find out for you.
here is a baby
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-10-2003, 1:36 PM Reply   
I hoping to get into the Arts Institue of Ft. Lauderdale for next semester. We'll see what happens,I figure the cable park in deerfield can't be more then like a half hour away and I can get my degree quicker and enjoy FL all at the same time. Plus its only 4 hrs away from Orlando so I could drive up there for an event or something if I needed to. I dunno, I just gotta get outta Maine!
Old     (tigerblp)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-13-2003, 11:02 AM Reply   
Lisa, who do you ride with up in orlando? I'm probably going to go to college up at Rollins, but I'm heading up there on thursday and I'm probably going to ride with a buddy of mine who works at ski world (plus I can never pass up the cable)