Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-28-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
I was at wake nation houston yesterday trying double cab rolls and ended up breaking my fibula
check the video

il be back riding soon enough!
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-28-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
Dang man...Hope you have a healthy and speedy recovery!
Old     (blatantblunts)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-28-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
sometimes i forget how easy it is to f**k yourself up on a wakeboard. you should get the cast so it attaches to your wakeboard like any other boot
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-28-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
Damn that sucks good luck with the recovery.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-28-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Sorry Dude. That really sucks. Hang in there.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2011, 8:03 PM Reply   
ouch. sweet trick though keep working at it
Old     (denverlove)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-28-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
JB!!!!! This makes me sad! Hope you're feeling better soon, buddy!! Hope you have some hot chick taking good care of you. =)
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-28-2011, 9:20 PM Reply   
Is your ankle okay? I broke my fibula a few years back, I was walking on it within 3 days (with a limp) because it is a non weight bearing bone, but I do not suggest it because it hinders the bone from healing. I completely broke it and I could feel it moving around and still walked on it because it was easier. Even after healing I developed stress fractures in both legs and for 2 years I dealt with the pain and would have to stop riding for the day or take a day off from shin splints (fibula area). It finally stopped when I started riding the Slingshot D2 bindings (the angled footbed) and when I switched to a continuous rocker board the pain completely went away. So my suggestion is take it easy and use crutches even though you'll feel like you don't need them.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-28-2011, 11:04 PM Reply   
bummer dude. better than your ACL.

Last edited by Cisco; 06-28-2011 at 11:14 PM. Reason: huh?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-29-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
bummer dude. better than your ACL.
haha already have torn it once lol.

and thanks guys for your support and concern
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
bummer dude. better than your ACL. I bet you wouldnt have broken it, if u grabbed it.
Makes you understand why people don't throw them left and right behind the boat, even after your "campaign". You learn that tantrum yet? Can you grab it? I'm sure you'll be grabbing it on your first few tries.

Bummer for you Mr. JB, but way to go for it.
Old    PapaBProductions            06-29-2011, 12:35 AM Reply   
bummer J.B. I've been seeing video's of you blowing it up lately. get well soon
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-29-2011, 12:35 AM Reply   
I broke my fibula and dislocated my ankle about 10 weeks ago. I had to have 9 screws put in my leg to fix everything. Hopefully yours isn't as bad... Hang in there! You'll be back in no time!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-29-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
I have been mending a broken ankle for a few weeks my self! Nothing worse than an injury during peak summer months!
Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-29-2011, 3:35 PM Reply   
Kind of liking you having the wherewithal to make a cool video out of a bad situation. Great sense of humor. That should help with the healing process.
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-29-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
I seriously believe he can land it with a grab without ever learning it without a grab. I think it's safer if you grab it cuz you will spinn much faster. Even reaching and missing the grab will speed you up.

Get well soon but be patient. Your Still a very brave and talented rider.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-29-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
damn bro, thats bad luck, nice attempt tho