Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (roy_munson)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-18-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Wakeboarding HD, Creat Studios. For PS3.
Old     (sailerboy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-18-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Personally, i think that Wakeboarding Unleashed is still one of the best gameshttp://www.wakeboardingunleashed.com/
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-18-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
sounds like garbarge, i wish they would listen and make it like Skate 2. Have realistic maps and tricks. If any of you have played amped 2 for xbox thats another realistic game where you have to complete challenges in order to progress. You can't start with 1080's in the game.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-18-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Amped for 360 is fantastic.
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       01-18-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
i've been wanting to try out the Stoked snowboard game for 360, looks quite realistic
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-18-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
Here is what one website said about the game:

"And there are sharks waiting in the murky depths looking to eat you and your wakboard…although you can’t blame them, we do look like seals when sitting on wakeboards and they aren’t to know any different, they’re just hungry."

Sounds like it'll be great...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-18-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
Guys is it even out yet?

I searched PSN today and didn't find it in the PlayStation store (directly on the console). Also - I am close friends with someone in the gaming journalism business and he gave me the heads up on this some weeks ago but I see nothing big on this yet. I know it's coming, but I'm having trouble with finding a lot of info on this game.
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-18-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/26/wakeboarding-hd-by-creat-studios/

Looks pretty sweet, will have to rent it first before buying though.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-18-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
It's a PSN game. We might get a demo but you won't be able to rent it.
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-18-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
The Byerly Game was being built off the Amped snow engine. Too bad it fell out. The demo was looking good. Maybe Microsoft will resurrect it one of these days.
Old     (colin2857)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-18-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
wow sounds super f*ing gay... someone needs to stop this lol...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-18-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
Brinks,

From what I know they spent about 700k in development of that game - it had wakeskating too. I didn't know it used the Amped engine. I wrote a little thing about this subject a few months ago over at www.fuel.tv/wakeboarding

It's buried now but the direct link is this:
http://www.fuel.tv/erikjernberg/blogs/view/76366

Oh and Colin - thank you for participating!
Old     (staylefysh)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-18-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
wakeboarding HD sounds super lame. Someone stop it now!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-19-2010, 7:12 AM Reply   
We shouldn't discourage the video game industry from digging into the sport. Really. There was Burstrick and Darin Shapiro's Big Air Wakeboarding before they nailed it on Shaun Murray's game. Let's see where this goes. The last thing I want is for Wakeboarding Unleashed to be the last wakeboarding game we get (I don't really count the Wii Sports Resort wakeboarding minigame - while it was admirable and kind of cool, it was too simplistic.)
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-19-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
As much as I love the sport, a wakeboarding video game would be insanely boring. If they made it realistic enough to not be uberlame (a la Wii Resort), it would just be the boat driving a straight line with you hitting the wake and an occasional rail. Cable parks would make it slightly more interesting, but even there, there is a pretty limited amount of lines you can run. Its not like snowboarding where you can make infinite lines out of a hill with a huge variety of hits (kickers, jibs, pipes, drops), its just a wake and some jibs. And please nobody try to tell me that either of the Amped games are realistic. The second one was close, but its still out there.
Old     (misfits1981)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-19-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
I have to disagree with you Ben. I think if one of the gaming companies came out with a wakeboarding game similar to the Skate/Skate2 games it would be awesome. I think that they (the game producers) could use all the elements of wakeboarding and wakeskating - boat, PWC, and cable - to offer variety instead of having a boat pull you in a straight line. A wakeskating game with the same gameplay as Skate would be amazing. I think a game of this caliber would help the entire sport grow.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-20-2010, 7:34 AM Reply   
I am speaking with the developer of the game Monday for fuel.tv/wakeboarding. I'll have more info to share then.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on January 20, 2010)
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-20-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
I think they should just make a came called "Board" and combine all the boardsports on the skate engine. super variety lots of playability and you could make a char and have him "level up" and unlock skills, boards, and whatever else...id play it!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       01-20-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
Change of plans.

I am going to their offices to play the game next week. I'll report back with my findings!

(Message edited by juniorhawk on January 20, 2010)