Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-19-2008, 9:21 PM Reply   
Hi i was wanting to get some point of views on which is better and why. I will be going to one of these boards next season. I am currently on an 06 murray.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-19-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
try and get on the murray pay it forward mail list and try it out.... I cannot speak for either though, sorry
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-19-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
would love to do that but dont think they would be willing to ship to Australia :-(
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-19-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
good point, then again murray seems to be an awesome guy -- you could start the international pay it forward
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-20-2008, 5:52 AM Reply   
the marek bro get the marek....i bought one early in the season and it is hands down the sickest board i've ever rode on
Old     (bartush)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-20-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
i lovee my marek. helped me progress really fast. its fast, poppy, and lands soft. buy ittt
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-20-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
they are totally different boards and you should try to ride them. If that isn't possible, then you need to guess which style you are more like. The marek is very fast and has good pop. I came from the 3ds/pulse and felt that the marek went a step better than it. The murray isn't as fast (or at least the old ones are not). I don't know enough to talk about the newest murray other than they are different boards. Someone can fill you in
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-20-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
the marek is awesome. haven't rode the murry. try them both.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-21-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Chris, I have ridden the B-side, Murray, premier, marek, watson, and Byerly monarch. They are all good boards that I feel I could make my main board. I would choose the merak over the Murray. The Murray feels so heavy and slow compared to the Merak, but some people like that. After all those boards I made the Byerly Monarch 56' my board of choice, it is light and the landings are soft. The landings on the Marek felt softer than the Murray out in the flats. My opinion on boards is if you feel comfortable on the board, stick with it. Since you can't demo them, I would go with the Marek
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-21-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Thanks to everyones inputs. Yeah the 06 murray is pretty heavy and am trying to get something lighter.
Rob was there a huge difference in weight between marek and murray?
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-21-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
The Monarch is a bit lighter, but it is like 1/2 a pound, not really a big deal. The marek tracks really fast, especially with the 1.0 fins. The monarch is a bit slower and I think use a progressive edge better with the Monarch. It is probably more a mental thing. I have a few guys in my crew that ride the marek and they won't even try other boards.
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-21-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
Chris, I just compared the wrong boards...My bad. I feel that the Murray board is much more heavy than the merak. But the Murray 2008 board is lighter than the Murray 2006 Board. The Byerly Monarch and Marek are made out of the same material, I forget what it is called. The Monarch ways only 5.5 pounds....but I guess thats why the MSRP is $649.00