Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-04-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
May be excessive, but I am wondering where I can find Spinners for a Mastercraft Trailer (2000-X-Star). I imagine the rim should not go much over 16" rims because the weight of the trailer would need the extra rubber. Has anyone done this to their trailer yet. My kids love those things, and I thought it would be fun to put on the boat trailer. Any pics or websites where you can buy 16" spinners would be greatly appreciated.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-04-2004, 1:45 PM Reply   
I think you can get spinner hub caps, but what a gawdy waste of money spinners are, if you ask me
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 2:15 PM Reply   
Just my opinion, but if you've got extra cash, spend it on your boat, not the thing your boat sits on when it's not getting used.
Old     (evil_e)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 2:29 PM Reply   
I did a little searching for you even though I think it's a waste of money and I couldn't really find any spinners under 18". I'm sure they're out there but I didn't find 'em. Sorry. Here's a website with spinners, maybe ask them if they know anyone who makes 16" spinners
http://www.rimgod.com/dub_spinners.htm
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-04-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
i wonder if they even make them in 16" that small for spinners...
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-04-2004, 4:34 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the smallest spinners they make are 18". Personally I've never seen anything smaller than 18" and I work Valet in Orange County.
Old     (joeysprague)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-04-2004, 5:04 PM Reply   
being honest, that would look absoultley foolish if you ask me. they look "hey check me out" enough on an SUV or truck as it is, i couldn't imagine putting them on a trailer.
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-04-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
chris you jacked my idea....i want to pick up a set of 18"spinners..i was at the tire shop today lookin.....check out Ebay for some....spinners on the trailer Big Pimpin let me know what comes of it!!!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2004, 8:37 PM Reply   
If you put spinners on your trailer I'll see to it that you're banned from the internet.

B-
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-07-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
funny responses, I would put the money into my boat, except for one problem. My boat is about as blinged out as I can get it. Always looking for a way to stand out of the crowd, thought the spinners would be an idea. But in reality, would be nearly impossible due to the fact that the wheel bearings should always have a source of grease I.E. bearing buddies or something of that nature. Since the spinners actually attach to the rim where the grease buddies would go, don't know how I can have both.
Old    handyman            06-07-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
You could get the Spinner style caps that fit over the bearing buddies but in my opinion I think that spinners on your trailer would not be "bling bling" but more of the GHETTO look. Don't waste the cash man. If you have to spend the money just give it to your kids to get whatever they want. You seem to want to make them happy. Try it.
Old    screamnchicken            06-07-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
Moondog, that would be awesome!! Can you post a pic of your bling bling boat? Post when you find some spinners too!!
Old    hogwyld            06-07-2004, 12:43 PM Reply   
Hey, if you've got the extra coin sitting around, why not gold plate the boat? Talk about bling factor! Besides, can you imagine the wake on a 8000 pound boat?
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I have never seen spinners under 18" but that doesnt really matter. I mean you could always put air bags on your trailer as well. Now that would be pimp!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-07-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
if you have the extra cash, save up some more then buy a new X-Star
Old     (mwgwin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-07-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
Lets see a pic of your blinged out boat Chris? Youve got me curious....
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
I will take some pictures after work today, and post them tomorrow, thanks for all of the responses
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-09-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
For your sake, I hope this thing is pimp. There are a lot of guys on this board with slammed out rides, so I just hope you didn't set yourself up with that "blinged out" comment. Good luck!
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-09-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Yeah me too, you'll have to tell me what you think
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-10-2004, 6:50 AM Reply   
Hope this down loads, it si from my Camera Phone

Old     (catdaddy76)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-10-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Just a few words!
THAT THING IS SICK!! I LOVE THE LIGHTING! HELL YEAH! NOW TRICK OUT THE TRAILER!
Keep some fresh pics posted!
Old     (moondoggie)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-11-2004, 7:49 AM Reply   
I was only able to find 18" spinners on the net and talked with a few dealers in the Portland area. I explained my concerns with the Tire Factory locally and with Mastercraft about the idea. The Tire Factory said that as long as I wasn't going in and out of salt water, would not be a problem. Mastercraft told me that constant supply of grease to the wheel bearing would be a problem. So I guess i will have to wait and see if anyone comes out with a wheel with spinners specifically for a trailer. Who knows, I may be on the wrong tangent. How about just sweet rims? Has anyone put aftermarket rims on their trailer? and can they accomodate bearing buddies?
Old     (captainfreedom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
Not sure if it would look very good, but GI Joes has spinners. I was looking through their ads yesterday and saw 14 and 15" spinners.

http://catalogs.dailyshopper.com/GIJoes/index.aspx?pagename=listpage&deptid=12315&title=Au tomotive