Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
I am picking up my 2011 A22 tomorrow but I have a problem...

After watching Harleys new video, I am quiting wakeboarding all together...

Just kidding.. but seriously, he is ridiculous...
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-02-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
I've been able to meet a bunch of the world's best boarders and they're just as pumped to hear about your progression as you are of theirs. We've got some pros representin our sport. Never met Harley but I'm sure he's the same way! Go kill it!!!
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-02-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat! And dont worry if you can only do two w2w 10 variations, I'm sure if you state that you're a beginner and just getting used to the new wake Wakeworld wont flame you too hard.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-02-2011, 9:40 PM Reply   
lol... congrats on the new boat john. Can't wait to check it out!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-03-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Congrats Johnny! Post some pics when you get it!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-03-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Johnny, do yourself a favor. Buy the 1000lb surf sacs and plumb those in the rear hatches. You will be disappointed with the 400 pnp bags. Get the front pnp bag. Verify your speed is calibrated. Fill everything (rear bags will fill about 80%). Set the speed at 23.4. Ride at 70' to start with with the wedge down. If comfortable, move out 5'-10'.
Old     (marksmichelini)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-04-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
I agree, about 8-9 hundo in each side in the back and the pnp bag up front with the wedge down and your throwin heat...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
chat. my bags come in this week... I went with the 750s.

I do not like the way the stock pnp is hooked up. Instead of filling the bag and having that drain to the tank, I want to fill the tank, then have the overflow fill the bag...

Is this how you are doing it, and if so, any advice? I have been on the axis forum a lot this last few months but have not seen how to do this...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
sent you a PM
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-05-2011, 11:31 PM Reply   
I have 15hrs on my 2011 A22 that I picked up 10 days ago and PnP ballast comes in tomorrow or Tues. I also went with the 750 rear sacs but I have a few Pop Bags at my disposal if needed.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-06-2011, 5:36 AM Reply   
I have 50 hours on my '11 already. We've been wearing it out!

It is my understanding that, by using the center most hoses (the ones furthest from the sides of the boat in the engine compartment) to plumb your pnp bags, you are filling the hard tanks first, then the sacs fill via the overflow. The bags then gravity drain down into the tanks as they are pumped out.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-06-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
On my buddy's A22 (my main boat at school) we run two 750's in the rear, one 750 in the bow through the PnP, plus a 550 pound bag on the seat in the bow is what we run. When I ride, I also throw another 250 or 500 in the rear of the cockpit. It's a pretty solid wake but I still want some more. We leave the wedge up though... I hate the shape of the wake when the wedge is down. Back home I have an 04 X-Star, so the mellow wake is favorite to me hence the wedge up.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2011, 9:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I have 50 hours on my '11 already. We've been wearing it out!

It is my understanding that, by using the center most hoses (the ones furthest from the sides of the boat in the engine compartment) to plumb your pnp bags, you are filling the hard tanks first, then the sacs fill via the overflow. The bags then gravity drain down into the tanks as they are pumped out.
The way it actually works is the water is pumped into the bags, gravity pushes the water into the tanks, when the tanks fill then the bags start to fill also, but there is always some water in the bags when filling the tanks. The drain pump is attached to the tank, and once the tnak is empty then gravity drains the water down from the bags to the tank. This is where the system has some issues. Takes forever to get all the water out of the bags.

All the axis rear PNP system is is the wakemakers piggy back system
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-06-2011, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
chat. my bags come in this week... I went with the 750s.

I do not like the way the stock pnp is hooked up. Instead of filling the bag and having that drain to the tank, I want to fill the tank, then have the overflow fill the bag...

Is this how you are doing it, and if so, any advice? I have been on the axis forum a lot this last few months but have not seen how to do this...
John - this is how I ended up hooking up my pnp - I had the bag filling the tank first and was not happy. If you want, you can take a look at my boat.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-06-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by elc View Post
John - this is how I ended up hooking up my pnp - I had the bag filling the tank first and was not happy. If you want, you can take a look at my boat.
Got any pics of that set up? so You're running the hose pump to the tank and then the overflow to the bag?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-06-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
Got any pics of that set up? so You're running the hose pump to the tank and then the overflow to the bag?
I don't have any pics.
yeah. The fill goes to the tank, the overflow goes from the tank to the bag and then the bag vents/overflows out the side. The only issue I had was the check valve on the drain pump is weak, so the fill pressure pushes water out the drain line once the bag starts filling. I put a simple ball valve on the drain line and close it when I fill the rear pnp and open it when its done filling. I am sure there are other solutions but this one cost around $15.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2011, 11:42 AM Reply   
Adam...i am with you about the wedge, I prefer the shape without it so I did not order it on my boat. I too love the xstar shape and have spent a lot of time in a 07 vlx that was set up similar to how your axis is and I loved the shape. Sounds like I will have a similar amount of weight as your set up in my boat.
I wont get to add weight til next week when my motor is broken in but my starting point will be approx 2200# in the bow with mostly water and some lead, and #2200 in the rear (stock tanks, 750's and some lead). My buddy has these rad LEAD bags that are legit... double sealed, padded, triple stitched and has the handle across the flat side, not on the ends like pop bags. These bags actually weigh 50 pounds and only take up %60 of the space a 40# pop bag take up.

Ed, yeah man, lets go ride soon and I will have to take a look at your setup. questions, in your quick description you did not mention how you hook up the bag to the tank so that it will drain. Do you just put a short hose from the drain port of the bag and Y it into the drain line of the tank? or do you attach the tank overflow to the low(drain) port of the bag so that it fills up from the bottom, then using this same line to drain?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-06-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post

Ed, yeah man, lets go ride soon and I will have to take a look at your setup. questions, in your quick description you did not mention how you hook up the bag to the tank so that it will drain. Do you just put a short hose from the drain port of the bag and Y it into the drain line of the tank? or do you attach the tank overflow to the low(drain) port of the bag so that it fills up from the bottom, then using this same line to drain?
The bag drains and fills using the overflow hose from the tank.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-06-2011, 2:14 PM Reply   
Okay, I think I see now.

Just to be sure, on the bag, you are only using 2 of the 3 ports.. One of the top ports you are using as a vent/overflow that goes out into the lake, the other top port is capped and not in use. The bottom/drain port is used to fill the bag after the hard tank is full.

You take the overflow hose from the hard tank (disconnect it from the side of the boat where it exits into the water) and connect that to the bag at the lowest connection - the drain port. When the tank fills and begins to overflow it will fill up the bag from the bottom up, when the bag gets full it overflows from the vent/overflow hose out of the side of the boat.

Is this how you did it?
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-06-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
Yes, thats how I did it - There may be Y connector connecting the tank overflow and bag overflow from the factory ( I can't remember). If thats the the case, I hooked them both up to the bag (rather then capping off one port). I also rerouted the drain hose up the side of the locker to make it easy to get to the ball valve. The hose is out of the way and not noticeable.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-23-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
Hey guys,

What is the fill time when you fill the 1100 lb sacks and the tanks? I am just running the 400s now and it already seems a little slow!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-23-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
sorry, no help with the 1100s cuz i only have the 750s. i would guess it takes about 10 minutes to fill everything. the front pnp 950 and the 500 front hard tanks fill in about 4 or 5 minutes. the rears take about 10 minutes.

chattwake and a few others on axiswakeforum have 11's and may chime in...
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-24-2012, 2:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imondi View Post
Hey guys,

What is the fill time when you fill the 1100 lb sacks and the tanks? I am just running the 400s now and it already seems a little slow!
It takes us 10-12 minutes. We also have a bow sac we put some weight in with a tsunami pump. For me this is not a big deal because this is about the length of time it requires us to get ready to ride anyways.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-24-2012, 4:25 AM Reply   
Like the others have said, it takes about 10-15 minutes for everything to fill. The 1100's do require you to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't bunch up in the compartments. Well worth it, IMO.

Think my '11 is sold BTW. If so, I can't wait to order my '12.
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-24-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Congrats Chatt!
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-25-2012, 6:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Like the others have said, it takes about 10-15 minutes for everything to fill. The 1100's do require you to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't bunch up in the compartments. Well worth it, IMO.

Think my '11 is sold BTW. If so, I can't wait to order my '12.
We are really happy with our '12, I also got a sneak peak on a few changes for the '13 just when you think things can't get better they do.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-25-2012, 8:43 AM Reply   
Of course they do. How else are they going to keep up demand for them.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-26-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
I just realized that I said I would post up pics, but never did...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-26-2012, 10:17 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-26-2012, 11:19 AM Reply   
Dang... thats a clean looking set-up
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-26-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
Congrats... White on white combo! BOOM
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-26-2012, 5:48 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat Johnny! The White is very clean looking.
Old     (imondi)      Join Date: Aug 2010       02-26-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys! Looks like im ordering some new sacks!

Love the all white boat! You are gonna love it!

If anybody wants a pair of barely used 400 lb sacks, shoot me a pm and we will work something out!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-27-2012, 6:24 AM Reply   
Johnny,

Great looking boat man. I love the all white as well. I think that's the direction I'm going to go for '12. I had a solid white 230, and loved it. The only reason I went away from white last year is because I had a diesel, and found that when trailering the boat anywhere, I'd have a huge smear of exhaust downt he side of the boat. Now that I'm back in a gasser, I think I'm going back to all white.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-27-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Chatt,

If you get the white go with the white tower also. We didn't know it was an option when we ordered ours. Even though ours looks good I think the white looks better.
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-27-2012, 7:15 AM Reply   
White with black.
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-27-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
I'm going white gell, with a white tower and I'm going to get the frame of my z5 powdercoated white. I'm just debating whether to get white 485's too.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-27-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Can you get white window frame?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-27-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Not from the factory.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-27-2012, 7:36 AM Reply   
Chatt ~ That's going to be LEGIT!
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-27-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm going white gell, with a white tower and I'm going to get the frame of my z5 powdercoated white. I'm just debating whether to get white 485's too.
I like the look of the white in the speakers. I saw one a few weeks ago when I was in Utah and it looked really nice. I wish I would have taken a picture.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
chatt, thanks man. I love all white boats too, and am stoked to see what you do this time, but I did like your murdered out 2011 a lot. The ww ghost is one of my all time favorites. If it would have been available in 2011, i would have gone white tower too, and with the white bimini poles/harware, your boat will look so sick. I have a diesel but have had no experience with the diesel soot on the boat when towing. my last boat was white too. I do not tow more than 2 miles very often though, just a few times a year. My truck is stock, and you must have had a programmer putting out a black cloud of awesomeness

here is randall's all white A22 with a white tower. his boat is slumpin!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-27-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Yup, That's the look I'm going for. The questions is, vandal graphics or not?

Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2012, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yes to the Graphics.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
I like both the stock graphics and the vandall graphics, but I vote to go with the vandall graphics, but remove the "vandall edition" decals on the sides
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-27-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
Just the Vandall writing and the V... Leave the bone had off.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-27-2012, 4:07 PM Reply   
I say all white no graphics Chatt.
Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-27-2012, 4:22 PM Reply   
X2 on the vandall writing and V
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-27-2012, 4:34 PM Reply   
I think the white tower looks bad ass
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
chatt, what color is your new gasser? white f150 eco?

are you going to go with a white trailer too?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-27-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Nah I've got a black Denali. I'll probably do an all black trailer with clear led
lenses.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-27-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
I'm either going no graphics at all or the full vandall graphics. It's going to be too much trouble to get the decals custom installed with the v and words only (I think it would look badass though). Plus, whoever buys the boat next year would either get the full graphics installed or no graphics and the option to do full graphics. Doing anything custom graphics wise tends to make boats harder to sell imo. I don't even want to know what replacement graphics cost.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-27-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
Can you get away with the 750s in the rear mushroom stock front triangle and wedge with the base motor?
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-27-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
Prolly should have thrown some commas in there haha
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
"mushroom stock front triangle.." are you talking about adding a bow triangle on top of the mushroom sack? or just talking about the 950 mushroom sack?

you can do it, wedge, 750s, 950 front sack, stock tanks, all on the 335 but you will need to prop it right. either the oj cinco or oj core prop and you will have to limit the passengers to just a couple. I have the 335 base motor,the 750s in the lockers, no wedge, 950 mushroom sack, stock tanks full, 250 lead in belly, and 400 leada in the bow, full of fuel and 5 guys... high pitched prop (oj core, my new cinco is in the box still) will just barely plane out. with just a couple people, it gets up easier. I am at 900 ft elevation or so.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-28-2012, 4:28 AM Reply   
In my experience, with the 335, if you plan on running 750s in the rear, and you actually want to fill them all the way, you will need the core prop. Yes, I have seen an a22 with the base motor, 1235 acme, at sea level, with 750s mostly full, wedge, and the front pnp under the floor sac plane out, but it worked pretty damn hard, and everyone was in the bow. The core prop makes a huge difference, but you run some pretty high rpms cruising around and towing a rider. The five blade oj is better than the 1235 in terms of hole shot, and runs decent rpms, but the core prop still has a better hole shot.

This is why I had the raptor in my 11, and will be getting the ls3 in my 12. Really, the a22 acts just like a vlx with the standard motor. You just have to know the limits of what you can put in the boat in terms of stern weight unless you go to a hyper aggressive prop.