Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kevin)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-13-2012, 11:30 PM Reply   
My depth finder isn't working and I'm thinking about replacing it. Any suggestions on a brand? Also should I just do the through hull glue in puck or some other transducer? Thanks in advance.
Old     (espritv8)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-14-2012, 6:40 AM Reply   
I had an uniden puck transducer and it was unreliable.
Maybe my install was the problem, but I will never know.

I changed it to a garmin GPS with a Thruhull transducer, and it is awesome.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-14-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
I have a faria with the glue to hull transducer and its pretty spot on. It has a base you epoxy to the hull then you put 2 oz of antifreeze (environmental safe) and then the puck inserts into it and locks on. I was in 4 foot of water and was standing and the depth finder read 3.8 ft.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-14-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
Faria is the best I've seen in 30 years of being in a boat, mine hasn't done anything strange in the 400hrs that I've had it. It will read all the way down to zero if we pull all the way up at our local beach, and it's dead on accurate everytime I check it to my lake depth map. Took a little longer to install and set up, but the regs ha e been great.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-15-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
Seems you can't go wrong with Faria (airmar is the transducer I believe). Speed, water temp and depth all in one...if you need all those. It's cheap too, but needs a hole in the boat.
Old     (kevin)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
It would be nice to have Speed, Temp and Depth all in one but the only ones I could find that did all three were $500-$600 for the whole set up
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-15-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=13578&ra=true

this one looks to be the one that most people have, a bit cheaper than what you quoted
Old     (kevin)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2012, 8:53 PM Reply   
That is just the transducer though you still need a compatible gauge to go with it and that costs another $200.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-15-2012, 9:00 PM Reply   
http://www.blackbearsportinggoods.co...13852&click=12

a little over 100, that's the one I got