Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-17-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
What is the best Billabong wetsuit (full suit) for wakeboarding? I am totally confused. Which one is the warmest?
Old     (sean7791)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-18-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
I dunno about billabong but I just ordered an oneill mutant suit and I hear that's a real good winter suit
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-18-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
justin, I'd go with o'neill, they are a great quality suit that fits great. In the way of warmth, you could get anything from a gooru to a psycho II, all of which are 3/2 mm suits with glued seams. The psychos have fluid tape over their seams, which will make them more durable (watertight, not unwravelling) and will be warmer in the long run, but the price difference is significant
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-18-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
Do yall think I would freeze in a wetsuit in Texas this time of year? Should I just get a drysuit? The water is about 50 degrees.
Old     (sean7791)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-18-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Well I'm still going in a 3/2 suit in 32 degrees so you should be ok in any winter suit
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       12-18-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
Get a good dry suit and never look back
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-18-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
you might be "OK" but you won't be warm and toasty.

the best wetsuit for 50 degree water is a DRYSUIT....
Old     (nosebleed)      Join Date: Apr 2004       12-18-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
The only downside to a drysuit is that the seals can be a bit uncomfortable around the neck they also can take a lot of leg hair with them.(although I use a Barefoot International) so the seals may have been heavy duty
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-19-2008, 1:44 AM Reply   
drysuits do keep you very warm but your mobility when riding is very compromised. it made me feel like robocop out there. we went to bull shoals lake arkansas last year for spring break (NOT warm in march) and long story short, we wore drysuits for every set (water=48*F) and it felt so un-right that i didn't consider it a beginning to my season and felt like i started from scratch again in may. to me it felt like my riding ability and comfort level was almost cut in half. not a fan. maybe others didnt mind as much but i sure did.

on an unrelated note, the houseboat from the Boat Dock we got was awesome and if it was 30 deg. warmer it would've been the trip of a lifetime.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       12-19-2008, 3:16 AM Reply   
if you go the wetsuit route, be sure and get taped and sealed seams... it makes it so nice when you jump in the water because the water doesnt start seeping into the seams. it just slowly soaks through the neoprene and lets your body heat up the water. you never get cold.
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-19-2008, 5:41 AM Reply   
get the foil. go to wetsuitwarehouse.com and that wetsuit is the best ive EVER had
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-19-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
heres the link... it keeps me really warm and its really stretchy

http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page/WW/PROD/MWFU7F54