Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (spherren)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-27-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
Besides all the bells and whistles, Is the VLX a much better boat than the V-Ride? Do you feel the wake is that much bigger or better? I have a V-Ride and have had some thoughts of trading it in but I am not concerned about the bells and whistles.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-27-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
larger factory ballest, including bow, with power wedge, wider beam the new v2? hull, there is a def wake difference. thicker and rampier imo. bigger boat more comfey, more room for lead. the bells and whistles are not that much more, i feel they are staples, malibu cruise, mls, heater is a must, some added bling what ever, but a vlx is a definet riders boat. go ride it for yourself and be the judge, if it was my choice and the price i could pay ment brand new vride or 06 new hull vlx i would try and get into the vlx, but if was really on a tight bugget, i would not be looking at bu and go right for the sanger, my 2 cents.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-27-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
The new VLX is definately a great wake. I dont like the old VLX that much, but that wake was pretty good. The new VLX is just amazing though.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-27-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
I am going through the same process scooter. I am considering it for other reasons.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       01-27-2008, 9:12 PM Reply   
Bryan, really the Sanger? Please tell me more.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-27-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
hold on a minute and i will show you more, i used to own a v215, great boat, sick wake great value, i just happen to have a opportunity to buy a bu at a very good price so i made it happen. and i will say my bu wake stock is so much bigger and thicker than the sanger. but the sanger was a great ride and great customer service. good value, and they can bling. dollar for dollar i will take a sanger over a v-ride wake wise. i think you will get more boat for the sanger dollar also. but its not a vlx.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-27-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
i got more if you like. and i will tell you this i sold that 2006 v215 with 120 hrs on it for 42k LOADED with extended warranty

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-27-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
Bryan I'd rather have the vride for looks and wake. The vlx wake is a little bigger/nicer than the vride wake stock, but alot nicer than the sanger wake. You said it yourself, plus you can get a decked out vride new for around 45k if you shop it right. I know you bought the Bu for a reason..
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-27-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
nu bu, i actually prefer the sanger wake over the vride, they both needed help with weight and both can be set up for a decent price. the sanger feels more roomy. i just think you get a bit more boat from the sanger compared to a vride. and yes i bought my VLX for a reason, because that wake OTB is sick. you see i am not affraid to say i like one brand boat better than the other. i think it is important to put boats in the same class, wake bling ballest price etc..... but i think this got off topic, is the vlx worth it, yes every penny is worth that wake, imo.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-27-2008, 10:46 PM Reply   
"is the vlx worth it, yes every penny is worth that wake, imo."

I think you're right about that.
Old     (raspy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-27-2008, 10:48 PM Reply   
man. i have ridden behind a TON of boats. X-star, x-2, moomba lsv, xlv, tige 22v i think, centurion air warrior, cyclone, x-1 malibu 24 lsv and the vlx. And HONESTLY i think that the vlx and xstar have the best wake. I am not a pro or anything but i can hold my own im fairly rad haha. BUT seriously from '05 the vlx is straight killing it. Way cheaper than an xstar and i feel the wake is the same. Dude you dont need all the bells and whistles! Heater who cares, power wedge whhhhhhat i have a manuel and its stupidly easy to put down, perfect pass is not quite as good as malibu but really it keeps the boat going to same speed,THE ONLY option i think that is critial is the bow ballast you can really notice the difference in the wake. Way more rampy and sickening bro! I have never ridden behind a sanger and im not dissing it im sure its a sick boat. But the vlx is sooooooo unreal even the interior is just perfect in my mind. Goodluck man i hope this helped a little.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-27-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
I know the sanger puts out a sick wake when weighted, but you just can't make one look as good as a malibu IMO. So if you want it all in one package the looks, the wake, and the price the vride is the ticket.
Old     (sanger)      Join Date: May 2002       01-28-2008, 6:05 AM Reply   
Bryan nice looking Sanger, like the red on white. (sorry to get of topic a little but looking at buying a vdrive) Because I’m on the old side and my style sucks the older SAN 210 is the easiest wake for me to board on. At 75 feet and 22 mph the width and shape of the wake is just right. The new VLX has a wider beam than the old VLX, is the wake also wider?
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-28-2008, 6:31 AM Reply   
The wake is different on the new vlx, more mellow than the v-ride. It is much bigger stock than the v-ride, but if you add weight to the v-ride it will be just as big. Basically, both wakes can be very nice with the right adjustments, so you are paying for the bells and whistles. Unless you just want the new look, I would stay with the v-ride their isn't enough difference to justify the cost.
Old    stillstandin            01-28-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
When I was in the market a few years ago, I ended up with a Sanger V215. The shape of the wake, (for me) was perfect, and only gets better with more weight. IMO, it had much more room then the v-ride, and I thought it looked better. Especially with all the new choices of graphics, and towers on the new ones. And if you ride on a lake that can get choppy, Sanger is unbeatable in rough water.